Chapter 8

"When I get my hands on you, you will wish you haven't been born! I hate you! How dare you show yourself after what you've done!"

Alex had to use all of his strength to make sure that his tight hold around Mia's waist is secured. He was still trying to understand what is going on between his best friend and this woman.

Mia was trying her very best to make a grab for John but the man holding her so tight made it impossible for her.

That is why she directed the full force of her anger to the Prince...

"At this moment, I seriously don't care who you are! Let go of me this instant!"

Alex tried to force a smile and reasoned out with the woman in his arms...

"Hold on! Take a deep slow breath . Whatever John did to make you this mad, I'm sure he can explain it to you. You just need to calm down first so we can talk about this."

Upon the mention of his name, John looked at Mia and asked...

"Whatever it is that's making you behave this way Mia...I honestly don't know. I know this isn't the right time to be saying this but if there's someone who should be feeling wronged...it's me!"

Mia ceased her squirming the instant John said that. She looked at him for a while then started laughing in a way that made the two men look at each other with questions in their eyes. When suddenly Mia spoke with such anger at John...

"You are the most despicable...most hateful...sweet talking liar that preys on innocent women! You will say and do anything just to save your face!"

John shook his head sadly at Mia but stood his ground...

"I know you never liked me Mia what with my reputation and all. But that doesn't mean that I'm an evil person. Just tell me the reason why you're so eager to hit me."

Alex started to frown when he heard John say those words. He certainly doesn't like the idea of his best friend having the same interest the way he has for Mia. He was about to ask John what part he plays in Mia's life when she started speaking again...

"That's where you are so wrong. You are an evil person. No! You are the devil reincarnate! You know why? Because only a man as evil as you will make a girl fall in love with him and dazzle her with sweet promises of a future with you. Then when she's so heavily intoxicated with what you have been telling her, you then decide that it's time to leave!"

John couldn't believe the words that were coming from Mia. He suddenly felt as if he took a heavy punch to the chest...

"Kathy..."

At the mention of another woman's name, Alex's hold on Mia started to loosen. He now feels more confused than ever. He stared at his friend and couldn't understand why John never told him any of this. He wanted to ask John the many questions that are now running through his mind. But one look at his friend's face stopped him.

When all of a sudden, John grabbed hold of Mia's arm and with a snarl, ordered her to take him to her sister.

Mia looked at John and with a smile that never reached her eyes said...

"I certainly hope they have a special reservation for you in hell."...before leading the way.