Lightning x Wind || Naughty Child

Okay, this isn't poetry, but it was originally a poem, turned into a prose one-shot. ^-^ I may post these occasionally. Lighting x Wind, Water x Fire, Leaf x Solar.

"Ugh, of all people exactly how did I get stuck with this naughty child?!?!" Petir inwardly groaned as he watched Angin, his brother in blue race about the nature park they'd been visiting for a school tour. After the seven elementals were split up into pairs by Tanah (who decided he'd be the lone wolf of the seven), the aerokinetic boy quickly dashed off to the tallest tree he could find and practically waltzed up it.
It could've been worse, Petir tried telling himself in order to calm himself down. He could've been paired up with Air, who being the lazybones he was would probably do nothing that peaked Petir's interest; or Api, who'd most likely insist on setting fire to the whole forest via juggling with his fireballs; or even Daun, who for the sake of storms would probably stop to overanalyze each plant he came across and flip the storm out if one was in danger. Yeah, it really could've been worse-
"WAH!"
A loud, familiar scream brought Petir back to the here and now. Angin was sitting on a branch, that compared to every other tree he'd climbed before was relatively close to the ground, seemingly gripping his now wounded palm in pain. His face, however, showed a grin that never once faltered.
"Hehe. . ." Angin sheepishly laughed. "I'm fine, Petir! Just a scratch!!! But I am not coming down yet!!!" The sentence was punctuated with Angin sticking his tongue out at his elder brother, and Petir had to hold back from punching the tree with all his might simply to express his anger.
Just what was it with Angin climbing just about every tall structure in sight?! In his fifteen year old life, Petir had seen him climb oak trees, bamboo trees, houses, and skyscrapers even!!! The last time he'd asked, Angin had only replied with, "I like feeling the wind whipping against me," to which Petir had wanted to spit a sarcastic agreement at. The boy was a manipulator of wind, for storms' sakes; even his name meant 'Wind'!!! All he had to do was wish it and gusts of gales would rush at him for however long he wanted, but no, he had to climb up every dangerously high structure he came in contact with, putting himself in danger's way and putting Petir in a state of perpetual worry.
Just as the short tempered one of the brothers is about to open his mouth, probably to spout out another string of insults and threats that in truth meant next to nothing, he caught himself. He'd never get his breezy twin down if he kept that up.
So instead, the brother clad in orange tried another tack. "Why do you love climbing trees anyway, Angin?" His voice is soft, curious, but still heard the his twin in vivid blue. "And don't you dare answer sarcastically."
"I'm not you," Angin cackled, plopping himself onto a sturdy branch. "Why don't you come up here with me, Petir? Maybe then you'd understand why I love being so close to the skies." He reached out, as if drawing the pale blue of the sky close to him with every breath, and sighed happily.
"I am not climbing up dangerous heights just to have you prove that to me," Petir huffed. Yes, even if he climbed that high, he wouldn't be injured if he fell because he could move like lightning - much too fast for gravity to affect him and therefore he was able to technically fly, unlike Angin who required his hover board to soar through the skies.
"But you fly all the time. Like Api and Air," Angin pouted, bending down from the branch at a rather dangerous angle, earning a string of warnings from Petir, and eventually a sigh.
"Only in combat," was the reply of the boy in orange. "Flying isn't a pleasant memory either - because it feels like falling."
"Then why not stay put? Maybe you'll feel the whipping wind then."
Petir groaned in annoyance, only slightly becoming amused by his brother's favouritism for the word 'whipping'. "Angin, I can fly because I move too fast to fall. If I stay put, I will fall."
"Then climb up here!" Angin was grinning widely now, eyes shut in pure idyllic joy as he extended a hand to his brother. Petir's frown slanted even more.
"For the millionth time, NO!"
"Aw, come on!!!" Angin whined, throwing his head back in exasperation, stopping short when his cap bent out of the usual orientation and he righted it. "Don't you trust me, Petir?"
"NO, I-!" Petir's patience was wearing thin, but he somehow he managed to shut himself the heck up before he could dare say something he'd for sure regret. Sure, Angin was carefree, careless, and reckless, but he was also cheerful and optimistic, never once failing to bring a smile to his face. Angin controlled cold breezes and gales, but in the back of his brain Petir could still remember the warm hugs he and Angin shared in rare moments of sincerity. Petir knew that he trusted Angin with all his heart, and with his life if he ever had to.
He hooked a hand onto a low-hanging branch and began climbing.