It's Over Joker

"That was unnecessary Joker." Riddler argued as his platform came down to ground level slowly.

"That was just the beginning. I think Ed deserves a big round of applause for surviving this." The Joker grinned turning towards the audience. Most of them clapped out of fear but others were getting over the shock. "For my next trick...I would like a volunteer to come and spin the wheel. No offence Harl."

"None taken Mr J."

"And if one of you party poopers do not volunteer I will just pick someone."

The audience tensed up. Nobody was going to offer until...

"I will do it." Annie stood up. She felt scared and her legs were wobbly but Harley had promised no harm would come to her. What better way to spare innocent people's lives? At this point, Harley became enraged.

"SIT DOWN." She pushed Annie back on the chair she was sitting on.

"Now now Harl if she wants to be the lucky person to have a go then stop being the jealous type." The Joker beckoned Annie over to the wheel. "Well my dear, give it a spin."

"No Mister J." Harley came marching up to him. "You said I could look after her. Please. Pick someone else from these lot of suckers. But not her." She wrapped her arms around Annie protectively. Annie struggled.

"But I volunteered."

The Joker laughed watching the two girls struggle and looking daggers at each other. "Now now ladies do not fight. Why don't we let Two-Face settle this with his coin? Whoops forgot he has gone."

"AARGH." Annie wrenched herself from Harley's grip and ran at Joker knocking him backwards and giving him punch after punch.

"YOU CRAZY CLOWN. I WILL KILL YOU." Harley gasped grabbing a hold of Annie whilst the audience looked on in sheer terror. To their relief, the clown prince of crime laughed.

"HA HA. Gee Harl. You have had an impact on this little slugger."

Harley struggled angrily with Annie who was trying to go for him again. "Stop it kid. Sorry puddin. She will be sitting down now." It was a struggle but Harley managed to tie up Annie to a chair and pointed an accusing finger in her face.

"Nobody and I mean nobody touches my puddin. You got that kiddo?"

"PUDDIN? YOUR PUDDIN? Your nothing but a bitch." Annie yelled.

SLAP.

Harley slapped Annie's face and the Joker laughed talking into a microphone.

"We could have this gig all night kiddies. However I want to get on with the show. I want YOU to be my volunteer." He pointed to a guard in the third row who sat even lower in his seat. "YES YOU."

Slowly, the guard made his way down to the stage. Harley and Annie were still glaring at each other. The guard approached the wheel and noticed one seat was missing from a row. He was about to point it out when Harley held a gun up to him. The Joker was too busy getting a piece of equipment ready to notice Harley's threat.

"Just spin the bloody wheel bozo." She hissed. He did and everyone watched fearfully as it went round and round.

"Round and round it goes,
Where it stops nobody knows" - Harley sang. It stopped on row three."

Before the guard could spin the second wheel, the Joker grabbed him. "No no. Row three. You are going to have a taste of my new present."

The people in row three (both left and right side) all started chatting to one another in fear. Questions buzzed through each individuals's minds and the other rows showed nothing but relief yet sympathy for the poor souls about to be tormented.The Joker asked all of the other remaining rows to stand at the back of the room away from the third row. They did not need to be told twice. There was a scuffle as everyone hurried to get away giving sad looks to the ones in row three. One of the people in row three tried to hide and go with them but was instantly shot by Harley.

"CHEATER." She shouted out behind Annie who covered her ears. "Heh...sorry sweetie." Harley muttered.

The Joker waited until the rest of the rows moved aside and then started firing random shots at the people in row three. However, they were not bullets but some sort of green gas.

"Ok kiddies." The Joker waved to the other rows. "You can sit back down in your rightful places now. Row three come down to the stage please and stand over there." He pointed to a corner of the stage that was away from him, Harley and Annie. They obeyed and everything seemed normal. They felt fine and even started to wonder if they would be all right. Unfortunately for them, the gas they were exposed to was taking effect. One of the people started to laugh shocking the rest. Then a couple more started until all of row three were laughing so hard they could not speak or do anything else. Some of them even fell to the floor and pounded their fists on the ground. Others were trying to speak. One person uttered a single "help" but nobody could do anything but watch them die laughing. Once dead, the gas left them with a permanent grin.

"Look at all those smiles." The Joker's voice sounded soft but his eyes were sadistic. Harley squealed in delight.

"Alright. Who's next? I think one more row should be up for it." The Joker waved his can of laughing gas in front of the audience making them shrink back in terror. "You can pick a row Harley girl."

Harley pretended to have a think. "Who is annoying?" She grinned looking at the people in the rows. She looked at Annie who nodded "no" to her.

"I will pick row number...

"IT'S OVER JOKER." A stern voice echoed through the room. Annie knew that voice and felt relieved.

"Uh-oh" Harley gulped.

"Where are you BATSY?" The Joker laughed walking around the stage.

"Umm..Mister J." Harley pointed to up and the Joker saw the Dark Knight hanging from a pole leading down to the theatre room's curtain.

Batman came gliding down on his cape and landed on the stage. Harley stuck by Annie who silently cheered Batman on. The Joker laughed.

"Finally came to join the party huh Bats? Oops excuse me." He chuckled stepping over a grinning dead body.

"Shut up." Batman said through clenched teeth. "You piece of slime."

"How did you get in here?" The Joker asked.

"There was a small window behind the curtain. Unlucky for you, you did not notice. I heard some sort of commotion was going on at Arkham from two prisoners in Blackgate prison. When I visited, they seemed desperate to tell me of your plans including the Doctor Blackwood scheme. No doubt you killed her and replaced her with Quinn."

"Excuse me. Don't forget about yours truly now." Harley laughed throwing the can of laughing gas at him and laughing.

"BATMAN WATCH OUT." Annie screamed.

"A little too late toots. He's a goner." Harley smiled. Batman held up his cape to shield himself from the menacing green gas. Once the gas had cleared, he saw the Joker and Harley running up the stairs trying to head towards the exit. Annie was still tied up and was being dragged by Harley.

"She's slowing us down Harley." The Joker said irritably.

"I don't care." Harley shot back. "I'm keeping her." She stuck her tongue out at Joker who raised a fist. Harley closed her eyes but the fist never came. Upon opening them she saw Batman had blocked his hit and punched Joker in the gut causing him to fall back down the stairs.

"EVERYBODY OUT NOW." Batman shouted to the terrified people who were still sat in their seats too scared to move. However they seized the opportunity and crowded out. One of them even stood on Joker's face trying to escape.

"Spoiling my fun again Bats?" The Joker took out a gun and aimed it anywhere. He noticed the warden being one of the last people and running towards Annie and Harley.

Harley shouted at the warden. "SHE'S MINE SHARPEE. BACK OFF."

"Annie we are going." The warden said in a panic.

BANG.

Annie watched as her father's eyes widened. He clutched his chest which was leaking with blood. She heard the Joker's maniacal laugh and felt sick as she watched her father collapse down the stairs leaving a trail of blood on every step.