Batman

Dr Blackwood chased Annie down the hallway and cornered her into a particular cell she was most familiar with. The cell was deserted since it's previous owner, Harley Quinn escaped from Arkham. At this rate, Annie did not care whose cell it was as she broke down in tears.

"It's over Doctor." She sobbed. "I am sorry. Are you disappointed in me?" She watched as Dr Blackwood sat down wrapping her arms around the poor girl.

"Of course I am not. You tried your best. That is all you can do. Heck even I have made mistakes in my career," She chuckled not wanting to go on. Annie did not press it and kept trying to wipe her tears away. Dr Blackwood offered her a tissue with circus tents on. Annie started laughing.

"I don't really like the circus but thanks."

Dr Blackwood let go of Annie and tried to make eye contact as much as possible. "Seems to me you have some issues. Anything you want to talk about. This will just be between you and me."

Annie sniffed. "You probably already know but me and my dad don't really see eye to eye...most of the time anyway." She scrunched up her tissue and Dr Blackwood could see her grasping it tightly.

"I did notice. Yep. You know me and my mother never got along. She called me evil and as for my dad...well."

Annie could tell she was struggling. Dr Blackwood's blue eyes glistened a little then looked away. Annie took her hand and cared about the person she was with.

"Tell me. You can trust me."

Dr Blackwood gave a short laugh but it sounded more like a cry. "Your a real gem kid. I can see it in you. You have a nice smile too." She then touched the corner of eye and gave a strained smile.

Annie gave a gentle smile. "You know I wanted to be a therapist to help and listen to people. Too many people judge especially in a big rich city like Gotham. " She watched Dr Blackwood nod in agreement and understood that it was going to take time to allow her to spill her feelings. "My dad expects too much. He thinks that these people do not matter. To me they do. I care. Heck, I am not even sure he really cares about me." She muttered the last part and rolled her eyes.

Dr Blackwood kissed her on the head. "I will help you in any way. I promise kiddo."

Annie nodded and then realised her shift was over. "I better be off but thank you for everything. See you tomorrow."

Harley watched as she left then muttered. "Yeah see ya." She looked around what used to be her cell. She thought about her relationship with Annie.

"No, get it together Harl. Getting too close to the kid would be crazy."

"She needs you." A voice echoed in her head.

"Get lost Harleen. I need to get started on what I have to do otherwise Mr J will be angry. I cannot be distracted by some silly baby."

The voice rang again. "You did not tell her about dad?"

Harley Quinn began shouting. "WHAT ABOUT HIM? HE WAS A SCUMBAG. A GOOD FOR NOTHING..." she kicked a chair over. One of the prison officers passing by gave her an odd glance. Composing herself, she grinned at them.

"Heh sorry. Just having a moment here. DO YOU MIND?" Her scream made the guard jump and run.

Alone again, Harley sat on her old bed and put her head in her hands. A sudden thought alerted her mind. "Ooh Ivy is going to be in so much trouble once I get my hands on her."

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Mr Sharp did not even notice his daughter leave as he had more pressing matters at hand. Clearing up this mess was going to be harder than he thought. The police had just arrived accompanied by Commissioner Gordon who looked over at the victim's face.

"One guess." He muttered.

Suddenly a dark figure emerged from the shadows. "The Joker."

Batman arrived looking grim as usual. His cape flowed out behind him and the police could only stare as he made his way towards Mr Castle's dead body.

"But the Joker escaped Arkham two weeks ago. How could he possibly get into here?"

Batman answered not missing a beat. "Could be his thugs or Harley."

Warden Sharp looked sharp. "Harley Quinn? That minx used to work here."

Batman nodded. "So she is aware of your security measures then warden? As shocking as they are."

The Warden's face turned angry as he pointed a finger accusing Batman of saying wrong things. "YOU? OF ALL THE...." Gordon stopped him.

"Easy Mr Sharp. Just let Batman do his job. Nobody knows the Joker's methods better than him."

The Warden gave a huff knowing that he was beat. He paced the staff room and kept muttering about "the press" and "wasting people's time." Batman ignored and did not seem fazed by the warden's sudden outburst. Instead he went over and started inspecting the body.

"It is clear it was laughing gas. I am going to search around."

The warden panicked. "But you can't?"

Batman grabbed his shirt. "I said I am going to search around." He immediately let him go and started his journey throughout Arkham taking into consideration all of the people that worked there. During his search, he bumped into a blonde woman who looked sombre.

The warden had followed Batman and introduced him. "This is Dr Blackwood. She has had previous experience working at Blackgate and is now a new member of our team of therapists at Arkham."

"Congratulations Doctor." Batman nodded then continued his search. Most likely he would not have passed so quick if the doctor was hiding her true smile.

"I am going to go home boss. Feeling kind of sick." She mumbled.

"Yes, yes go go." The warden waved her away trying to keep on Batman.

Outside Harley smiled to herself "Sucker." She laughed as she got into her car and drove. All throughout the journey, she did not think of Batman but one particular therapist whom she was starting to truly...like.