Joker's Plan

The Joker sat on his tattered sofa watching the news. The news reporter was standing in front of Arkham Asylum with the warden, Quincy Sharp, who was looking proud yet had a stern appearance. His eyes looked tired and cold however he let out a weary smile in front of the cameras. 

"Thank you very much. Security at Arkham Asylum has been top notch. Our prisoners are becoming more obedient and we have not seen the Caped Crusader known as Batman darkening our doorstep."

The news reporter did not know what to make of that comment. She was a firm supporter of Batman although did not doubt the security team. They had a rough job keeping in check all of Arkham's notorious inmates. She continued with her speech in a proud and confident manner.

"Well there you have it. Mr Sharp has confirmed that the asylum is running smoothly and..." She was cut short by a short female in her early twenties waving to the cameras.

"Annie?" Sharp's voice sounded strict when addressing the young female. "Sorry. This is my daughter Annie who I am pleased to say has enrolled as an intern at my fine asylum. She will be working with patients and getting to know the asylum's staff."

"Really?" The news reporter looked interested. "How do you feel about this?" She turned to Annie who gave a warm smile.

"Feeling positive but a little nervous." She chuckled a nervous laugh.

"Nonsense Annie. You will excel at this job. I know you will."The warden's voice sounded soft yet there was a part in his tone that sounded like a warning. Annie flinched at her father's demands but remained quiet in front of the camera. Her straight blonde hair hung loose and her bright green eyes had a hint of sadness in them. She twiddled with the curls at the bottom of her hair. It was something she always did when she was nervous.

Once the interview was finished, Mr Sharp led his daughter back to the Asylum. The Joker turned off the television and rubbed his chin in thought.

"The old fool. Let's just see how good his security is. HARLEY..."

A high pitched voice came from the other room. "Yes puddin?"

"Come in here my dear. I may have a job for you." He chuckled lightly looking in his costume box searching for the perfect disguise.