Mad Hatter vs Two-Face

"WHAT IN THE BLAZES HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?" The Joker slapped Harley around the face after she told him his plan had not been carried out yet.

"But Puddin....I have been a little occupied. You see there is this other therapist and-" she was cut off by a kick in the back.

"So you have been messing about with some shrink." The Joker's eyes were wide and sparked red with fury. His fists were clenched and the veins in his forehead stuck out like blue rivers. He watched as Harley cowered.

"Puddin. I am sorry. I will get on with it right away. I am back in on Wednesday. Today is Monday. Just one day for a break huh...heh."

The Joker went to give her another slap then laughed loudly. "Well. I guess we could go over some things that I want you to do. Fun times right Harley girl?"

"Sure thing Mr J." Harley smirked relieved that her lover was not looking so angry anymore. She always feared him when he was in those moods. However once he laughed, she knew everything would be fine unless of course he turned back to anger.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Annie came in Tuesday morning cheerful and ready to meet another inmate. Having experience with different inmates would teach her about new cases or illnesses that she needs to discover in order to be a successful therapist. Her father suggested a new tutor from the college however she always wondered what happened to Mr Castle. She kept thinking maybe it was better off as he was not a pleasant man and she certainly needed to observe another inmate. To make her therapy session easier, she asked if two people could participate like as a paired therapy session. Casually suggesting Two-Face, she waited for her father's approval to which he agreed. Annie could tell that he was not really paying attention and kept glancing out the window in worry. Giving her a list of inmates, she was to decide who she would like as her second inmate.

Looking at a multiple number of files, a certain name sounded interesting. Jervis Tetch aka the Mad Hatter. Being a fan of Alice in Wonderland attracted her to choose him. It could be interesting. After arranging the two to join in a separate cell, she came in looking professional. She watched as Two-Face (although looking bored) he sat quietly. Mad Hatter, however kept mumbling the name "Alice" and jumped up when he saw Annie.

"Are you my dear Alice?"

Annie nodded and tried hard to not look too taken aback as this man was trembling uncontrollably and had a massive grin on his face when she walked in.

"No Mr Tetch. My name is Dr Sharp and I will be your therapist in this session. Harvey." She addressed Two-Face to which he nodded and she sat down.

"So as this is a paired discussion, I would like you to discuss with each other one word that best describes you. She stopped when the Mad Hatter burst out laughing.

"Isn't that obvious Alice? Mad. Mad as a Hatter. Just like Wonderland." He started twirling around trying to grab Annie's hand to dance with. She looked startled and was about to call the guards when Two-Face punched Mad Hatter in the side causing him to whimper out loud and clutch it. Annie did not want to get Two-Face in trouble but then Mad Hatter retaliated shouting at Annie (in his case Alice) to run. Alerting the guards of the fight, Annie watched a few of them rush in and get in between the two. Annie mumbled "sorry" to Two-Face as he passed her. After the two inmates were put safely back in their cells, she put her head in her hands. How could she ever succeed in this job? Maybe it was not right for her. It was just so tough but her father pressured her.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday came quick enough and Dr Blackwood entered Arkham with the usual grin. She greeted a couple of guards battering her eyelashes to which they tipped their hats off to her. Mr Sharp nodded to her briefly then marched off to have a go at anyone who was annoying him.

"They don't call him Sharp for nothing." Dr Blackwood chuckled. She walked down the right corridor to a certain person whom she was not very happy with.

"Ivy?" Dr Blackwood entered her cell frowning. She noticed Ivy had a guilty face but still grated her. "I told you to be on your best behaviour for Annie the other day."

"Oh please. Why do you care about her so much Harl? She is just a silly kid." Harley grabbed Ivy's shoulder and put a hand over her mouth.

"Keep your mouth shut." She whispered dangerously. "I don't care about the kid. I am here on business so I have to blend in." Harley smiled.

"Let me guess. Joker?" Ivy muttered.

Harley giggled. "No Penguin."

It was Ivy's turn to grab her. "I am being serious. What are you playing at? You like her? Is that it?"

Harley blushed a little. "I don't know what you are talking about. I am sure that she will not be interviewing you again in a hurry. Anyways best be off to work. Oh and no plant." She smirked making Ivy scowl.

Heading towards more cells down the left corridor she found Annie looking at Mad Hatter's cell. Annie became startled as it was early and most of the therapists had not arrived yet. Yet she smiled at Dr Blackwood. Her grin did not creep her out as much and she seemed to feel closer to her.

"Good morning Annie sweetie. How are you feeling today?" Dr Blackwood asked.

Annie giggled. "It is like you are giving me a session. Yes much better. Trying to think positive. Although..." she pointed to Mad Hatter's cell. "Somebody played up for me yesterday. There was a fight."

Dr Blackwood rolled her eyes. "Eurgh yes let me guess he kept calling you Alice right?" They both had a little giggle and then Annie did something that was unprofessional but comforting - she hugged her. Dr Blackwood glared at first but then softened when Annie spoke. "Thank you for listening to me. I am so happy coming to work when you are here."

"Aww shucks you mushy little thing." Dr Blackwood started to look concerned. She had to get on with her work and with work she meant her boss's idea. However Annie made her feel happy too.

"Dr Blackwood. Are you free to talk now? In one of the empty cells maybe?"

"Sure." Heading inside an empty cell, Annie stared at her.

"So what's your first name anyway."

Dr Blackwood had planned this as she knew Annie would ask her sooner or later. "Poppy." She smiled.

"Ha Poppy Blackwood. Can I tell you a secret? Well I have a favourite inmate. I know you are not allowed to have favourites but this inmate has been the most understanding and helpful one. Do you have a favourite inmate?"

Dr Blackwood stared for a few seconds at her. Her eyes sparked a little and Annie started to get nervous.

"Please don't tell my dad. I know it is unprofessional but I cannot help it."

Dr Blackwood still maintained the same stare - it was not intimidating but understanding and full of admiration. "Which inmate?" She finally asked.

"Harvey Dent. Two-Face." Annie admitted.

"You know, someone who treats you right is the best place to be. Trust me Annie."

Annie gazed at the concerned doctor. "I don't mean to pry but do you have a love life?"

Dr Blackwood chuckled sadly. "Yeah. He is amazing. Love can make you do crazy things though."

Annie looked curious. "What do you mean?"

Dr Blackwood's powder blue eyes turned to sadness but she looked away before Annie could see. "I mean I would do anything for my lover. His one goal is to see a world where everyone is laughing."

Annie smiled. "That is nice?"

"He will be smiling soon...mark my words." Dr Blackwood gave Annie a last hug then they both parted to get on with the long day ahead of them.