Revealed

Annie came in early the next morning to set up her interview with Two-Face. She only had half an hour with him and wanted to make the questions she would ask count. Approaching his cell door, she straightened her bun and wiped the crumbs of her breakfast off her clothes. She could hear him flipping his coin up and down non-stop. Sure enough when she opened the door, he was but stopped instantly because it was Annie. Blushing a little, she stepped inside. If any other therapist entered, he would pay more attention to his coin.

"Good morning Two Face. How are you feeling today?" Annie asked.

Two-Face shrugged but maintained his eye contact. Her hair looked nice in a bun and she seemed to have added a bit of red to her cheeks. 'Must be make-up' he thought.

Annie continued. "Our session is going to be a little different today. That is if you do not mind?"

Two Face chuckled. "Steady on doc."

Annie laughed with him then wiped a tear away. "I am steady. Deadly serious in fact. I want to know about a particular person. Do you remember mentioning to me about Harleen Quinzel?"

Two-Face nodded. "She is crazy. Don't need a coin to tell me that."

"What happened to her? Tell me everything you know."

Two-Face smiled. "This is a long story. Harleen Quinzel was an intern at Arkham Asylum. Her desperation to see the Joker was her downfall. He seduced her and made her think that Batman was the problem. Not that I am a fan of Batman per say but her obsession drove her crazy. She was never that well in the head to begin with."

Annie looked puzzled. "But she had a good career. Why throw her sanity away just for a cheap no -good scumbag?"

Annie's anger softened when she heard Two-Face chuckle. "Don't let Harley hear you saying that. Now her name is Harley Quinn the Clown Princess of Crime. I have had run-ins with her before. Stupid bitch stole my coin and threatened to throw it in a well. That smug smile as she dangled it over."

"Is she just misunderstood though?" Annie asked.

"HA HA HA. Well I don't think she is completely evil. Unlike me. Insanity comes from the inside Annie. It was always inside her but the Joker brought it out to full scale."

Annie cut in. "I don't think you are evil." She cupped his chin in her hands. "I want to help you." She started to lean in closer until...

"NO. I am a monster. Get away please Annie." He cradled his damaged face in his hands. His shout alerted Dr Blackwood who entered.

"Problem?" Unknown to Annie, she had a injection containing the same blue serum she used to inject the other inmates.

Annie nodded. "No Dr Blackwood. Thank you. We are just having a discussion."

Outside the cell, guards were starting to get suspicious. The inmates were all fast asleep.

"They have to be up soon for the doctors. Lazy buggers." One guard commented.

Annie could hear them alongside Dr Blackwood who looked strained. "Annie. I need to to give Harvey his medication. Since you are only an intern, you can wait outside."

Annie gave Two-Face a small smile then left. One of the guards started chatting to her and she engaged herself in a conversation about the different colour badges at work.

"You see this one has a parrot on it." The guard laughed. Annie made parrot noises and they laughed harder. Unknown to both of them, no laughing would take place in Two-Face's cell.

"I hear Dr Sharp has taken quite a shine to you." Dr Blackwood smiled at Two-face. He glared back at her. "Anyway." She held up the injection. "Happy times."

Two-Face moved his arm away. "You do not sound like a professional doctor." He muttered.

"How rude." Dr Blackwood mocked him. "Now give me your arm."

Two-Face made a swing at her. She dodged although her wig slipped a little to reveal blonde hair. "Whoopsie. Damm wig." She put her hand over her mouth when she realised what she had just said. Two-Face grabbed the wig.
He then noticed the blue serum in the injection.

"That is not my medication and you are not a real doctor."

Harley squealed. "One of out two bozo. I am a real doctor." She laughed which caused him to grab her by the throat holding her up.

"Harley Quinn. What are you doing here? What is that stuff?" He hissed at her through clenched teeth.

"Oh this." She tried to poke it in him but he grabbed her hand and squeezed. "OW." She screamed.

"It's over Harley. I will tell them everything including Annie."

Harley let out a short laugh. "You tell her ugly and I will kill her. I can do it you know. So if you want to save your favourite doctor's life you better keep hush hush. I know you care about her. She cares about you too."

Two-Face let out a frustrated groan then threw her down making her crash into a nearby table. Two-Face then proceeded to run out of the unlocked cell. He charged down the hall and came face to face with an alone Annie.

"What the...?"

Two-Face grabbed her holding her tightly. "I am not going to hurt you Annie. We need to get out of here NOW."

Dr Blackwood emerged with her wig back on. "ANNIE. GET AWAY." She shouted keeping her professional demeanour.

"No Annie. She's..." Then he remembered Harley's threat. Growling, he directed Annie away towards the exit.

"Pretty silly Harvey. You have no place to go." Dr Blackwood shrugged. "GUARDS."

Guards came rushing in. Two-Face held Annie as if she were a hostage. "STAY BACK SCUM."

Dr Blackwood shouted out to the guards. "GET HIM." She noticed the warden approaching and had an idea. "Trust me. He would not hurt his favourite doctor."

Sharp looked confused. "What is she talking about? Annie?" When Annie did not say anything, he spoke out angrily to the guards. "Grab him and make sure he is transferred out first thing tomorrow."

Two-Face looked at Dr Blackwood with venom. He could see the corners of her mouth twitching as if she was trying to suppress the biggest grin. At the same time, she gave him a menacing glare and moved her eyes to Annie motioning him to give himself up. He did not want Annie to get hurt.

"I am sorry." He looked at Annie who was trying hard not to cry at this very moment. Before he could touch her hand, guards tackled him to the ground and restrained him.

"Annie. In my office. Now." The warden barked. Annie made her way. "Take him away now." The warden looked at Two-Face with disgust on his face.

Dr Blackwood approached Two-Face and whispered in his ear. He felt something go into his pocket. "A little something I gave Roxy." She muttered in her Harley voice and then switched tone when addressing the guards.

"Make sure he is locked up tight boys. We don't want him escaping now do we?"

One of the guards wolf-whistled which made Dr Blackwood turn and roll her eyes as the guards let Two-Face away.
She fumbled around in her pocket and held up the injection. "Dammit." She muttered then made her way to the Warden's office to listen in. Pressing her ear up against the door she heard the Warden's bumbling tone.

"I just don't understand it Annie. You did not seem nervous at all. I am so glad you are fine but what is all this about your favourite inmate? You are not allowed to have favourites you know that."

Dr Blackwood could hear Annie mutter an apology.

"Back to your work Annie and please just try and keep it professional. Two-Face is a scumbag."

It took every inch of Annie's body to not fight back but she knew she was overruled on this one. She exited the room and heard running feat as she opened the door.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Two-Face took out the object Dr Blackwood had given him from his pocket. A tissue with the words HA HA SUCKER printed all over it made him grit his teeth.

"QUINN. YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS." He shouted amongst laughing from the other crazies in his cell. He knew that he would probably never see Annie again and was surprised to see a single tear appear on the tissue.