Chapter 25- did I die?

*Still Haden's POV*

Oh god. Am I dead? Did I die? Am I in heaven right now?

My mind was swirling with thoughts. I sat up on the rather uncomfortable chair and looked around.

I was in a light blue room, My mum was here as well as my dad, What was going on?.

I looked straight at my mother who had her head pressed against my fathers chest looking the other way. The room was morbid and their was tension in the chair. I was still confused. What happened before I blacked o- Wait! I blacked out at the beach, I remember now. I had just gotten a phone call of my mother, Connor, Scarlett and Courtney were in a car accident, Amber told me she was pregnant and then I blacked out. How did I get here?

"Mum" I called out, I wanted answers.

Her head towards me, she ran out of my fathers grasp and eloped me in her arms.

I felt her warm tears splash onto my shoulder as she sobbed on me, I wrapped my arms around her and held my mother tight.

I looked at my dad who held pity and sorrow as well as hurt in his tear stained eyes.

"What's going on?" I spoke up.

My mum didn't even budge, she just lay her head on my shoulder still sobbing.

I looked at my dad for answers, I needed to know that my brother and gir- well ex girlfriend and the babies were okay. Sure I was worried about Courtney as well but she wasn't my first priority.

"Haden" My mother sobbed.

"The crash was bad. Connors car clashed with a pick up truck" My dad started.

Butterfly's began to fly around in my stomach. I felt sick already.

I couldn't say anything I just looked at my dad to hint for him to continue what he was saying. I couldn't bare to speak, I knew my voice would just end up breaking. I'm trying my hardest to keep myself together.

"Courtney didn't make it. She uh- she went through the windshield because she was in the passenger side. The doctors said she died instantly so she wasn't in any pain" My dad started.

I felt tears brim to my eyes. Courtney was such a lovely girl and her and Connor were really good together. A few tears slipped from my eyes. My mother began to draw soothing circles on my back as I choked on my tears.

"It's okay" She sobbed on my shoulder. I tightened my grip on her.

"Where are her family?" I choked.

"There going to identify the body" My dad said allowing a tear to slip from his own eye.

"What about Connor and Scarlett are they okay?" I asked begging for a better answer.

"Connor's in surgery, he's um- he's having brain surgery. He has a bleed" My dad informed me. My eyes widened.

"What?" I shouted.

"He hit his head against the steering wheel really hard." He tried to explain. I couldn't take it anymore.

"What about scarlett?" I asked nervously. Non of this was good news.

"She's doing a lot better than the others" my dad told me, relief ran through my body hearing that.

"So she's going to be okay? What about the twins?" I asked.

"About that! The impact of the car and the shock caused Scarlett to go into early labour. The doctors are trying to keep her going for at least another two weeks so that the babies have a better chance of survival but at the moment their not doing to good." My mum told me breaking away from our embrace. I felt my heart sink. Sure I don't know if the babies are mine but I couldn't image loosing them, after all theirs still a chance that they are mine.

More tears slipped from my eyes.

"Shouldn't one of us be with her?" I asked them.

"The doctors wouldn't let us." My mum sighed.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"Because Scarlett only wanted Connor" my mum reluctantly said.

My heart sunk. She wanted my own brother?.

Just as I was about to speak the waiting room door opened revealing a nurse.

"Scarlett has just given birth to a baby girl" the nurse informed us. My jaw dropped.

"Is it okay?" My mum asked as I sat in shock.

"She's very small and weak. Her organs haven't fully developed yet. It doesn't look to good I'm afraid" she said sympathetically. My heart ached. My baby could die- wait my baby? I guess for now she is.

"How's Scarlett?" I asked coming out my daze." And the other baby" I added on.

"We'll Scarlett's doing a lot better besides a bang to the head and the baby is keeping still at the moment. It's not ready to come yet" the nurse said. I nodded, at least that was good news.

"Would you like to see your baby?" The nurse asked. I looked nervously at my mum as he nodded to me.

"Yes please" I mumbled. I was terrified. I can't believe I'm a father already! Scarlett's only five months pregnant. I just hope my baby girl fights for her life. I stood up with my mum ready to follow the nurse while my dad stays here for any news on Connor. I was about to see my wee baby.