The newest member of the Johnsons household.

"Scarlett, you better have your ass up out of that bed!" My father scolded from the other side of my bed room door.

"I am!" I groaned as I found the courage to whip my covers back and sit up.

Cold drafts shot through my body like bullets, jesus it's freezing.

We lived in a one floor flat, It was tiny but luckily we had the privilege to 3 bed rooms. We lived with my two year old brother Harley who had his own room as well as myself. Harley and I have different mothers, Harley see's his mother every weekend she knows about the conditions we live in but because she's a workaholic she prefers for him to live here with us seeing as how I practically brought him up myself at just 15 years old. My mother in the other hand? well she had an affair and ran off somewhere with her boss and re married and had more kids, I tried to make contact with her but she's not interested so I guess staying with my father is the only other option I have. My father doesn't have any relatives as they all disowned him as a teenager for sleeping with his own fathers wife who surprisingly is my mother. Yep, my life's pretty complicated.

"Shit" I heard my father curse from down the hall way where the boilers located.

"What's wrong dad?" I groaned once again as I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Boilers bust" he shouted back. "What the fuck have you done to it?" He seethed.

I grit my teeth and jumped out of bed allowing the cold wooden floor to touch my feet, I opened my bed room door and walked down the hall until I came to my brothers room, completely trying to avoid my dad.

His room was plain, an off cream colour smacked against his walls poorly as well as a black travel cot in the cornor of his room. I sighed and opened up his second/third hand wardrobe and pulled out a tracksuite for him to wear along with his adidas trainers. Harley could walk which was a relief seeing as how his pram was now bust also. I walked back over to his cot and picked him up out of it and held him against my chest as I took him and his clothes into the living room. Dad was sat watching the box tv set on the sofa.

I handed Harley to my father who then shot me a death glare.

"Just while I make him a bottle" I told my father.

"Good luck with that, there's no milk I just used the last of it" He gestured towards his cup on the floor.

"Great" I muttered.

Harley was obviously no longer on powered milk but he loved warm milk from the bottle.

I walked to the sink and filled up his bottle with water, I walked over to dad who had sat him down next to him, Harley was fast asleep while sitting up. I hated it when dad couldn't just hold him for a few moments while I made him his bottle especially now he's asleep while sitting up which isn't good for a Two year old at all. Last time he did that he was crying all day because he hurt his neck.

"By the way Dribble Tots rang, the nursarys closed for the day due to a virus or something. There taking precautions." My dad informed me.

"B-but I have college" I told him with a hint of worry. My dad's not the best father around. In fact all he ever does is leave us to fend for ourselves.

"That's your fucking problem!" He shouted causing my body to stiffen.

"But dad I have an exam tomorrow I need to go" I tried to reason with him.

"Then get rebecca to have him. I have places to go" He snapped.

"Yeah to your whore houses." I muttered under my breath.

" What was that?" He shouted causing spit to leave his now clenched mouth.

"N-nothing" I said as I picked Harley up and walked into the joint kitchen and lay him down on the work top.