The Break Up

Recap:

"Jordana."

"Mom. Dad." 

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse...

~o~o~o~o~o~o~

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, outraged.

"That's no way to speak to your parents, honey." My mother said.

"I'm surprised you even know where I live."

"Well, we do pay for this house." my dad said.

"Anyway sweetie, your dad and I are staying in our old house for a while. You're welcome to come visit us anytime you want." Mom said.

Then they got up and left.

Wow. They just came to invite me to my house where I grew up. I thought I was always welcome to go there but I guess not. Be cause my parents just INVITED me to my house.

Nylon walked in when they were gone.

"Wasn't that your parents?" he asked.

I was in too much of a daze to answer him. I walked up the stairs and went to sleep.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~

I woke up early the next morning to go jogging. I put on a shorts and a tank top and ran for like half an hour then I returned to my neighbourhood.

When I reached to the house next to mine, I realised that someone had finally moved in.

Wait isn't that car familiar?

"Jordi!" I heard.

I looked around but there was no one behind me.

"Up here!" the voice said and I looked to the top of the roof and there sat Guy.

"Hey!" I said, waving.

"Wanna join me?" he asked.

"Won't I wake up the people in your house?" 

"There's no one in my house." he said.

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"I'll come meet you."

He came downstairs and we passed through his bedroom to get to his. 

"Your bedroom is right opposite mine," I pointed out.

"Guess I can sneak in at night and frighten you." he said, laughing.

We talked for about half an hour. He told me that he lived alone too and that his mom died when he was four and he acted out when he was sixteen so his dad sent him to the school for 'bad boys'. He also said that he has a stepmother who hates him even more than his dad and that they (his father and stepmother) have a daughter who's twelve and they have a perfect family without him.

I could tell that he loves his sister. The way he talked about her.

I left soon to go to school.

I reached to school way too early so I wandered the hallway then went to the bathroom to check my face.

As soon as I walked in, I heard unpleasant noises. 

Seriously. Do people have to do it in the bathroom.

Then I heard it. One of them said something. I knew the voice. It was unmistakable.

Just to make sure, I went to the stall next to them, stood on the toilet and looked over at the next stall.