Confessions Part 2

PLEASE READ A/N AT THE END

I felt sick. But in a good way. I think. Donna and I were sitting in my bedroom discussing her brother. I really did not feel comfortable with this but I had kept my feelings in for too long and I had to tell someone. We left Donna’s house as soon as I admitted the truth. We didn’t want Nylon overhearing everything.

“Are you even listening to me, Jordi?” Donna asked me.

I snapped out of the daze I was in. “Of course.”

“What did I just say?”

Shit. “Um, you said that you, um,”

“I asked you when you first realized you liked my brother.”

I didn’t even have to think about my answer. “Do you remember that time I went on vacation with you and your family to Florida?”

“Of course I do. I ate something really bad and I was sick for days. That was quite in the fifth grade. So long?”

“That’s not that long.” I lied.

“Six and a half years?”

“Anyway, when you were sick, I had no one to play with so I was all by myself playing with my dolls. Then Nylon had come out of the room he was playing video games in and asked if he could play with me. Oh God, that sounds wrong- you know what I mean. I asked him why he wanted to do that and he said that I looked lonely talking to myself and the dolls. So I let him. He was surprisingly really good with the dolls. And for the next few days, he would play with me- why does that sound so wrong!- while you were sick. I knew, though, if anyone accused him of anything like that, he would deny even talking to me.”

“Wow that was touching.”

“Shut up.” I said and threw a pillow at her.

“Seriously, though it was. How could you keep that from me? You’re such a terrible liar.”

“That’s what I made you think.”

She gasped. “You evil mastermind!”

“Oh, why thank you.” I replied, curtly, “So now the big question: do you think he likes me back?”

Donna laughed hysterically.

“It’s not funny. Do you find the idea so hilarious?”

“That’s not what I’m laughing about. I don’t think he likes you back. I know so. Have you seen him when you’re around?”

“Do you really think he likes me? He’s so mean to me, though. I hardly see how that means he likes me.”

“Maybe he’s like Damon Salvatore: he’s mean to the people he loves.”

“Are you serious? You’re comparing Nylon to Damon Salvatore?”

“Is that question supposed to be good or bad?”

“You know I hate Damon.”

She gasped dramatically. “Ok, yeah I know, but please don’t insult him in front of me.”

“Don’t change the subject!”

About three minutes later, the doorbell rang and I didn’t expect it to be Jeremy. Or else I wouldn’t open the door.

“Hey Jordi.” He said, nonchalantly.

I groaned internally. Why couldn’t he just leave me alone? “What do you want?”

“God. No mean to be mean. I just wanted to ask if you wanted to go with me someplace tonight.”

I was about to say no without a thought but then I felt bad so I pretended to at least think about it first.