Epilogue

Epilogue - Two Years Later 

I swatted the hand away that was trailing its fingers over my bare tummy with a groan. It left a glorious trail of electricity sizzling up. As much as I loved the feeling, my stomach didn't. "Caleb. Stop."

I heard him chuckle, but thankfully his hand stopped moving but rested just over my belly button. "It's time to wake up, sweetheart."

Bile started to rise up in my throat. I quickly sat up in bed letting the covers drop to my lap, hoping that a straight posture would make the nauseous feeling go away. 

"What's wrong?" A hint of concern laced his voice from besides me on the huge king-sized bed we'd been sharing for the past three weeks. 

I shook my head. The nasty feeling subsided. "Nothing I'm fine." Then, I turned to look to my right where Caleb was now sitting up in all his naked chest glory. A look of lust must have passed through my features. Even after twenty-nine nights (okay, so maybe less) of long-filled passion, I still couldn't get enough of him. All hope flared within me though as I remembered that I would have him for the rest of my lives. 

Caleb still didn't look convinced. "Are you sure? You've been waking up like this every morning."

I leaned over and captured his lips in mine. "Positive." I moaned against his mouth and as soon as he opened it to let me in, I pushed him away and climbed off the bed in a hurry.

I ran to the bathroom, quickly opened up the toilet seat, and puked out the five-star seafood dinner Caleb treated me to yesterday night. What a waste. I flushed and leaned against the huge shower doors. I wiped my mouth from the towel I pulled from its hook. 

I looked up and saw Caleb standing in the doorway, unfortunately with sweatpants on. He had my robe out in front of him and was looking peculiarly happy for a man who just witnessed his new wife heave out her stomach remains. I stood up and wove my arms inside the armholes of the fluffy white robe. 

"I just vomited and you stand there smiling?" I accused suddenly feeling irritated by his behavior. I pushed past him to the room and took a hair tie to put my lovely morning mane of hair up. I turned back around getting ready to head back in the shower when I saw his smile only grow bigger. "What?" I snapped.

He walked over to me and hugged me to him. Caleb held on tightly, and I couldn't help but feel warm all over for his affectionate gestures. "Nothing. I love you."

"I'm sorry for snapping at you." I buried my head in his chest, the feeling of skin-to-skin making me hot all over. "Now I feel guilty."

He laughed and rubbed my back. "Don't worry about it. I heard it's normal."

I pulled my head away to look up at him. "Normal?" I saw his eyes light up with glee. He only nodded without any verbal explanations. I gave up and reluctantly disentangled my arms from around him. "I should probably shower." I shot him a sultry look. "Mind joining me?"

He shook his head. "No, you go ahead. I have some things to do before we leave."

Disappointed, I nodded and inside to take another long and soothing shower. The warm water relaxed all of my muscles that were pushed to its boundaries from the nights I spent here. 

Here as in the small Italian island of Sicily for Caleb's and I's honeymoon. Honeymoon. Marriage. He and I were married. We were connected in every way possible, and I couldn't feel even more complete in my entire life. A tiny smile found itself on my face as I thought about the past two years of our lives together.