Thirteen

THIRTEEN 

Waking up the next morning, I felt the softness of my bed engulf me. I wrapped my arms around a pillow, still half-asleep, and pulled it to my chest. My bed was never this inviting when I wake up! I stayed in the position for a few more minutes until I was fully awake. I opened my eyes to check the time on the digital clock besides my bed, but it was gone. The whole room was redecorated! 

I sat up in bed all of the events from last suddenly flooding back. Shit. Shit. Shit. I was still at Caleb's place! In his bed. I jumped out of the bed as if it was some deadly disease that I wanted to get away from. I looked straight ahead and remembered my ploy to have sex with him in my drunken state. 

I gulped loudly in anxiety and took a peek with one eye at my clothes. Okay. Whatever happens... I let out a sigh of pure relief at the sight of my rumpled dress safely still attached to me. I looked back at the huge king-sized bed in front of me and quickly fixed the white fluffy comforter. 

Trying to find the way out of this place, I found that his 'bedroom' was located on a balcony inside the loft. There were railings looking over the entirety of Caleb's place down below. I climbed down the wide, modern staircase with glass sidings and reached the first floor. 

It was so quiet, I was afraid that Caleb wasn't here. 

"Caleb?" I called out softly. 

No answer.

"Caleb?" I asked out again much louder walking past the clean kitchen and to the living room where we spent most of the evening together. 

The empty wine bottle was dangerously on the edge of the table, and I moved it to the middle. The two empty glasses were right besides it, flashing memories from last night into my head. My headache only worsened at the thought.

I found him laying on the couch soundly asleep. One arm was tucked behind his head, and the other was slung over his body. Bare upper body. I couldn't help myself from ogling him. If there was any better time to do so, this was the time. When he was asleep, and no one would catch me.

He was only wearing a pair of black basketball shorts revealing his hard work in the gym. His defined abs tempted me to run my hand over the dips and curves of his body. His looked adorable asleep. His mouth was opened slightly with a soft snore going on. 

"Caleb?" I tried waking him up again with a small touch to his shoulder. 

He moved in his sleep that I was afraid he still wouldn't wake up, but he opened his eyes a second later staring back at me. 

"Good morning," was the only thing I said along with an apologetic smile.

"Bethany!" He rubbed his eyes and straightened up on the couch. "It is quite a good morning." He eyed me up and down.

"I see that your teasing and flirting starts early in the day," I laughed and took a step backward to give him room to stand up. "I'm really sorry about last night and forcing you to sleep on the couch when it's your bed."

"Don't worry about it," he grinned surprising me with a kiss on the lips. "Last night was... very interesting. Who knew you could be such a cute drunk?"

I hid my face with my hands and groaned in embarrassment. "Don't remind me. I am sorry though, and thank you for being so considerate."

"That's what boyfriends do right?" He winked taking a strand of my hair and playing with it. 

I blushed remembering my boldness from last night. I vowed to never drink that much again. "I don't recall you asking me."

He cocked his head to the side and raised one of his eyebrow. "Oh I think that was implied." He bent down to give me a full kiss that left my toes curling for more. "I mean you've already slept at my place," he reminded me against my lips, "and shared more than what people dating do. I think it's time we take it up a notch don't we?"