Chapter 5 <3

Chapter 5

Harry’s P.O.V

“Boys, your on in ten.” Paul said walking into our dressing room followed by the stage roadies who each handed us our microphones.

“Thanks.” I mumbled holding the microphone in my palm and blankly staring at it. For some reason I had no enthusiasm or energy, all I wanted was to lie down and do nothing.

“Good luck guys!” Kenzie cried happily, instantly my eyes snapped up to stare at her, her long golden blonde hair had been pulled into a side braid her fringe framing her delicate features and her amazing blue eyes sparkling in the fluorescent lighting. Her eyes locked with mine and she shot me a small smile but it was enough to leave me breathless. Why did she have this effect on me?

“Aww thank you Kenz!” Louis cried wrapping his arm around her shoulder and pulling her towards him enclosing her in a massive hug.

I felt a pang in my chest and flinched away gripping the microphone tightly in my hand and squinting my eyes shut, I took a deep and shaky breath and tried to forget what I had just seen but it was impossible. The image of them embracing each other with those adoring smiles on their faces seemed to burn in my mind like a movie scene on continuous replay.

“Boys we need you side stage.” Paul announced signaling us to leave with a wave of his hand.

Everyone got up said there goodbyes to Kenzie and exited the room swiftly. Lou Kenzie and I were the only ones left, “See you soon.” Lou whispered to her. I couldn’t help but sneak a glance at them and once I had I instantly regretted it. He gently placed his hands around her petite waist and kissed her softly on the forehead. I bit my lip and ran my hands through my hair staring at my lap. That sharp pain in my chest returned and I knew I couldn’t stand to watch this. I stood up and ran out of the room not looking back, how could I fall this hard for a girl so quickly? If you hadn’t of guessed by now I’m jealous. I try not to be but I can’t help it from the minute I laid my eyes on Kenzie she stole my heart. All it took was one look and she had me constantly thinking about her. But she definitely had something for Louis, so what could I do? I just had to keep my feelings to myself and feel my heart slowly being destroyed. I tried to zone her out of my thoughts and let myself be bought back to reality, I could hear the screaming fans shouting our names. The thumping music of the intro and as I looked around I saw the lads jumping up and down with anticipation. I could hear the screams get louder and I knew I had about 5 seconds, I braced myself sucked in a deep breath and much to the annoyance of my stylist I shook my curls about. I could here the intro to Na Na Na begin to play and I ran out onto the stage instantly being hit with the bright, flashing lights and thousands of screaming fans in the audience. “We’re like Na Na Na!” We began to sing the crowd going crazy. Throughout the performance I kept trying to find the adrenaline to push through and give the best performance I could as I didn’t want to disappoint the fans but lingering in the back of my mind was Kenzie. I couldn’t get her out of my head. Ironically the next song we were singing was, I Wish. The music began to play and suddenly I zoned out, the screams, the lights they all seemed to disappear and all I could hear was my rapidly beating heart and the music.

"Oh how I wish that was me.”

During my parts of the song I could feel the truth behind the lyrics, I could feel myself breaking down, thank god we had a clothing change after this song. Once the song ended I ran off stage and into the dressing room, I dodged the stylist waiting to give me my next set of clothes and headed towards the bathroom.

“Harry!” I heard Liam cry, “We don’t have long!”

I ignored him and locked the door behind me, I took a deep breath and leaned over the sink. Damn it, I was so annoyed with myself! She is just a girl and she’s driving me insane! Oh who am I kidding, she’s’ not just a girl. She’s absolutely beautiful and I think… I possibly might lov-….