My Husband Is Gay <21>

~My Husband Is Gay ..21..~

JULIA

"What do you think we should get her, for her twelve birthdays?" Aunt Trina voice can be heard.

I don't need to wonder who is she meant it, I know it was 'her' and not me. I stay quietly behind the wall in the kitchen doorway and continue to listen to them. Maybe they will think about me too, but at the back of my head, I doubt it would happen.

"We get her what she wants the most, of course." Uncle Nate voice his opinion.

Before, this would not hurt that much to me, but after learn that she always be the talker in our family, soon I found that a little bit part of my heart hurt, but I always try my best to just push it away from me. It's a bad feeling that I don't want to keep. I love her after all.

"She seems to so very fond of a painting or anything that have art in it." Aunt Trina says.

"But most of it, would be a painting." Uncle Nate continue for her.

"And do you remember when Abby and Jake send her a photo of some unique playground that they saw, for her ten birthdays?" Aunt Trina continue.

"Yeah, but where was the playground from?" Uncle Nate ask aunt Trina.

"I don't remember. They did mention but I don't remember, but the question is, do you remember the look on her face when she receive it?" Aunt Trina ask and even not looking at them, I know that both have the face that show they try to remember.

"She loved it so much." Uncle Nate tells Aunt Trina.

She always show some loved or interested toward painting, so when she was ten, mom and dad send her a painting, saying that when they saw the playground, they remember her and when they paint it, they want to give it to her. They continue to give her more painting when other occasion came. Like when Christmas, new year and the list can go on and on.

Me? What did I get? Just some stupid stuff, of course. I got dolls, stuff animal, jewelry, cloth or worse is a keychain from where ever they are. The gift itself just something stupid where you can put it anywhere you go, yet I keep it like a precious treasure, which is now when I think back, not as precious as what she felt.

My thought got interrupted when I heard Aunt Trina's cheerful voice, "And who know she might end up like your brother."

"Or more better." Uncle Nate says.

"And. . . I think we should get her something that have to do with painting. Maybe a visit to art gallery or maybe an art kit. What do you think?" Aunt Trina says, from her voice you can hear how much she excited about this idea and how her face must scrunch up in a face that practically say I'm-excited-for-this-plan.

"Or maybe we can get her all of it. A visit to a local gallery, an art kit and enter her in art class. This is her twelve birthdays after all." Uncle Nate conclusion to Aunt Trina idea.

It's not like there a big gap between my birthday and her, a week after her, is mine, but everyone always seems to focus more on her than what mine. It's always the same for a few years, they get excited for her and plan it a month before the real day and when it come to me, they have the last minute plan, like a day or two before it come and what the best is, it always not as great as what she is.

"Oh, and we should make a big party for her this year. Invite a lot of people." Aunt Trina say and her voice still contains the excited.

"And. . . We should have a theme for her birthday party. Isn't that what people love to do?" Uncle Nate says.