32. Charientism & Mentanoia

AN~ just a multiship chapter for some good Christmas plot fun. HAPPY 20th ANNIVERSARY TO ONE PIECE
~~~~

Charientism~ (n)an artfully veiled insult

Metanoia~ (n.)the journey to change one's mind, heart, and way of living.

*Back to the party* Thatch pov

             I watch blankly as Eutass Kidd carried some drunken guy on his shoulder and out the front door. Everyone was having a blah. This was the second biggest party of the semester. My best friend and his basically mom/fiancé had managed to get themselves a real house.

              Things were perfect. We had made it to the semi finals this season, first time since Mugiwara opened. Ace and I had gotten full rides to the best football college in the region. Marco got his first pick for law, and Sabo was bound to get picked up for a full ride once tennis season started.

               Things were prefect.

                I was happy. Vivian and I had been together almost a year now with no problems. Marco was being Marco, and Ace has his fairytale for eleven.

                Things were just as they should be.
               This was the only way things could be.
              That's just how things always would be.

                 But here I was sitting in the couch alone with some random drink I had stolen out the hands of a brunette who didn't need another sip. Vivian had stayed home. I lied, and said I was planning to do the same. Some of her friends were here, so she's know soon enough.

                 Her pastel blue hair and perfect smile were the last things on my mind as I watched my best friend grind and dance behind some curvy cheerleader with perfect blonde hair. Perfect blonde hair to match his own. If they ended up together, instead of the likely one night stand, she could give him everything he secretly wanted.

                   Marco was a bachelor with no example of how to love someone right. My best friend came for the stereotypical rough home, that's why he has more clothes in my closet then his own. That was no excuse to be a fuckboy, but it made it understandable.

                  Deep down he told me how he dreamed of a family, but was afraid it was turn of all wrong like his own. The blonde grinding on his crotch could give him that. I never could.

                 So why bother?

                 Why ruin our friendship? Marco was as straight as they came, so was I. At least, I thought I was. Maybe if I realized earlier. We had known each other since 7th grade, then we transferred here together. To bad I didn't realize until Junior prom how I really felt.

                   He went with Bonney. She was funny, pretty, and not as easy as the rest of the people he hangs out with. Some random slow song has been playing. I had been dancing with Vivian, but I wasn't looking at her at all. My jealous gaze was aimed at her best friend Bonney.

                That when it clicked.

                Those extra glances in the locker room, the heat when my knee accidentally rubbed against his, and the jealously toward everyone near him all added up.

                  Instantly, I dashed out the hall doors and left my girlfriend all alone. It was a ass move, but she never brought it up, so neither did I.