25. Occhiolism

AN~ ready for some major heart break?
~~~

Occhiolism~ (n)awareness of the smallness of your perspective

Law pov

Blood was pounding through the the veins around my skull as I speed down a small two-lane road. I was late to Kidd's big game. The one he begged me to attend. The one he reminded me about twice today. The one he practiced for the whole year. I slammed my head on the horn in agony as I was hit by a devilish red light. His big game was no doubt finished the third, out of four, quarters. At had attended swim practice thinking I wouldn't forget to leave half way through. Time had slipped my mind totally. I was fucking up, and I was fucking up big time.

Panting, I slammed through the gymnasium doors as the dreaded buzzer went off. "No." I whimpered in great contrast to the cheers erupting from the nearby visitor stands, our stand. We had won the big game, but I had missed it all. Never would I have a me memory of Kidd's big moments in the court today, only pictures I didn't even take, and that as if I was lucky.

Our school spirited died down as the team hosted Eutass and some blonde haired boy I didn't recognize onto their shoulders as the chanted on their way to the locker rooms. 'Mugiwara Lions Roar! Roar! Kings of the Jungles Always Destory!'

~~~

                "Hey Law!" Kidd smiled as he waved at me. Shyly, I waved back. My smile droooed as he turned around to say goodbye to his team mates as he continued to walk in my direction. "Did you see me make the winning shot?"

                 I wanted to say yes that I saw it all, and was cheering for him every quarter, that my throat hurt form chanting, and that I would never forget his famous shot. "Kidd-ya, I'm so proud of you."

                  His wrapped me in his sweaty arms, and ,under regular circumstances, I would have pushed him away. "But did you see me out there?"

                "Eutass, um."

                "You never call me that." Kidd chuckled as he looked down at me awkwardly, but kept his arms around my waist. "What's up?"

                 "Listen, baby." I felt his arm tense around my like he was bracingg for impact. He was going to be so upset. My eyes went straight to the floor as I cleared my throat. "You know my big meet is tommrow, and I got caught up at practice even though I said I'd leave early. Traffic caught me and I made it right after your big shot, right after the bell."

                  "So you forgot and missed it." Kidd stated bluntly as his voice grew taut. My chest felt heavy as I watched him take a a step away and cross his arms. This was not how it was supposed to go.

                "Basically."

                "Are you serious right now?!"

                It was my turn to be defensive. It wasn't like I was taking a nap and brushed off his companionship. "Ok. First off, I was at practice you know I have a big meet tomorrow."

               "I know that. You know why? Because I go to all of your meets. You've been to what? Three maybe four of mine."

                "Kidd~"

               "No, Law. Your literally the most selfish person I've ever met. Like, I can't believe your right now. " Kidd huffed as he bit his lip and readjusted his basketball bag in his shoulder. He paused looking at me, but I refused to return the gesture.