22. Pyrrhic Victory

AN~ sorry for the long wait. I've been at my little cousins house.
~~~

Pyrrhic Victory~ (n.)a victory that has such a devastating toll on the victor that it's almost as bad as defeat, hollow victory.

"This is exactly why I didn't want to tell you." Sanji mumbled with his head in his knees as I slowed in front of his driveway. How could Gin do that to Sanji, and for Sanji to admit he could have stopped it was all to much. "Thanks for the ride..."

I wanted to walk him to the door, but I knew if my grip loosened on the wheel they would quickly shake the blonde violently or punch a hole in the windshield.

"Please, don't hurt him."

I could feel my face painfully twist into and expression of disbelief. Not only had Sanji been sexually assumed and kept it a secret, he wanted me to sit by. What really hurt is that he views his own well-being as so unimportant.

"Zoro, he was my bestfriend for a long time, and I can't forget all good he's done for me."

"Oh so sexual assault is just a buddy-buddy IOU?

"That's not what I'm saying."

"Then what are your saying?!" I shouted punching the roof of my car, causing Sanji to take a step back. "because the more you talk the more punches I fell like giving Gin into his face."

I could hear him sigh deeply, but I kept my eyes glued in the paved street ahead. "Goodnight Zoro."

"Night." I growled before speeding off, not bothering to look back as Sanji sat on the curb crying.

          As I slow at the nearest red-light I contact one of the few people I know can help me.

       I didn't need to ask how she knew what I was going to ask her for. Texting was something I only did when I wanted something if not I would call or FaceTime you. Not to mention, she suspected someone had hurt Sanji, maybe Gin all along. Rapidly, I whole my head to get rid of the confusion anger that was surfacing towards Nami.

       As the light turned green I thought about calling Ace, and getting him to come with him.
I knew together we could do an even better number on him then me alone. Easily sending him to the hospital for 2 weeks, but, no, this was personal. This was to scare him away from bothering Sanji again.

      He hadn't flirted to much or gotten to close.

     He had considered and almost raped Sanji. My friend. My boyfriend. No, this was revenge. Kill them with kindness is a passive aggressive joke if you want something done you do it yourself.