Chapter Eleven

BAAGGH THIS TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPLOAD.

I'm so sorry about that...

But I like this chapter. And I hope you do too!

Thanks again for voting and commenting. It means the world to me!!

~Sophia

Chapter Eleven

"Why won't Grandma talk to me?!" my mom shouted at me through the phone. Her voice hurt my ears.

"Christ, Mom! Calm down..." I said.

"But Grandma hasn't talked to me in over two weeks. I think I should speak with her. Hand her the phone!"

"Mom," I argued, "She's asleep."

My mom grunted. "It seems everytime I call you, you have some sort of excuse. I'm getting suspicious about you, Alexandria."

"Mom, stop calling me that!" I whined at her.

"I will call you what I named you! I named you Alexandria!! Who invented that dumb nickname for you anyway?! Alex is a boy's name." my mom said back to me.

"Dad started calling me Alex," I told her.

She got silent. Crap. I forgot... Forgot about my father.

I heard the anger in her voice, also sadness. "Don't you dare bring him up into this conversation, young lady. Do you hear me? I never want you to speak of him while talking to me."

I sighed. "Sorry..."

"I'll be calling you back later. I am talking to Grandma today no matter what!" my mom yelled.

The call dropped.

I grunted and rubbed my head. This is getting harder to hide... I've never kept this big of a secret before. This big of a lie. I mean, I'm lying about who I'm with, where other people are, and what I'm doing. How am I supposed to keep that a secret from my very own mother?!

"What happened?" Harry asked. He came up behind me on the bed and rubbed my shoulders. He gently kissed me on the neck several times. I needed that.

"I don't know if I can hide this anymore. My mom is going to find out about me being here, I know it..."

"Hush!" Harry said. "Don't say that. If she finds you, you have to leave. I don't want you to leave. Ever."

I had to leave someday... In fact, in three days I had to leave. I wish I had longer to stay in London. To see the sights, to just walk around...

"And what is it about your dad?" Harry asked.

My eyes went wide. Should I tell him about my dad..? It was something I only told to my best friends. Only Misty and Mackenzie knew about it. I didn't bother telling Hallie, Molly, or Allison. They weren't people I trusted enough. Misty and Mackenzie have always been there for me. Mostly Misty, though...

I sighed. I guess I'll tell him... But it will be hard to hold back the tears.

"I always had a great family, Me, my mom, Lindsey and my Dad. Lindsey was my younger sister. Everyday we would go to the park and ride bikes, talk about our day, and just have so much fun. It was great. Really great."

Harry put his head onto my shoulder, and put his arms around me. "Go on, I'm listening."

"Well, when I was nine and Lindsey was six, my dad didn't come home from work. He was a plumber... Or so we thought." I wiped a tear off of my cheek and continued. "We skipped the bike ride that day, waiting for dad to come home. And finally, at exactly 3:48 am, he came bursting through the door. And his his hand was a huge gun, almost the size of what Lidnsey was. His hair was messy, and his clothes ripped. His eyes were red. My mom tried to shield us with herself from my dad. He yelled, 'I'M NOT LEAVING UNTIL I GET THR MONEY FOR THE HEROIN!!' All along, he was a drug dealer. And he seemed so innocent. And apparently, someone didn't pay him. So he... He...."