Epilogue

Epilogue  

-- 

They were bombarded as they showed up to the interview. The past two weeks were hell for the boys. The fandom went crazy and the media went crazier. All because of one girl they associated with: Alex Smith. 

"So," said Veronica Dawson, the interviewer, "First of all, welcome back from vacation. I'm sure it was nice to have a few days off." 

"Yeah, thanks," Liam gulped. 

"It's been two weeks since the incident people are calling the 'Alexandria Encounter,'" she stated. 

The boys' faces went pale as if they didn't know it would be brought up.  

"There have been plenty of allegations, but how exactly did this all happen?" 

Harry told flatly, "It was all a misunderstanding. Alex did call me, but she didn't ask to visit. She was meaning to call her grandmother and it was the wrong number. But she was a fan and we had nothing to do over the whole break we had, so to have a little fun, I invited her and her friend to stay with us." 

The interviewer nodded. "I see. And Niall, was Kirsten involved with any of this?" 

"Well," he said, "She met them on the plane over. But Kirsten and I have been Dating for longer than a year now." 

"She was my childhood friend," Louis added. 

"So what made you want to announce to everybody that she was your girlfriend after so long?" 

Niall hesitated to answer the question. He looked around at his bandmates, wondering if he should give an honest answer.  

"Uh, well, I-" he choked.  

"Just tell them Niall. We're already screwed over," Zayn spit out. 

"She... she was pregnant." 

"With your baby, I presume?" Veronica questioned. 

"Of course it's his baby! Why the hell else would he announce it to tons of people?" Zayn yelled at her. Liam nudged him and told him to calm down. Zayn was stressed and didn't want to be there, an you couldn't blame him.  

"I guess you're correct, Mr. Malik. My apologies." 

It took everything in Zayn to not respond to her. 

"By the way Zayn," she smirked, "These pictures released of Alex and you- does this mean she's the girlfriend you were talking about?" 

Before Zayn had another outburst, Harry quickly answered for him. "Yes, they've been trying to keep in touch." 

Veronica turned to Harry. "It's also been rumored that-" 

"Yes," he stated before she could finish, "I dated Alex also. For a week. Barely. It was nothing and she's Zayn's now if they even decide to go on with this relationship." 

"So I guess that's the reason she's BEINg called a slut and a whore?" Veronica smirked again. 

Zayn and Harry stood up angrily screaming, "Don't call her that!" They glanced at each other and awkwardly sat back down. 

"I'm just quoting the world, gentleman," she assured them. They all knew it was a lie.  

"So," she continued again, "Have your communications with Alexandria been strong?" 

"Not really," said Liam. Veronica was expecting more, but that was all that needed to be said. 

"Now let's talk about Misty, Alexandria's friend. Have you kept in touch with her?" 

"Not at all," stated Liam again. 

"And do you know why that is?" Veronica asked. 

They all shook their heads, confused.  

It was Silent for a moment, then Veronica spoke again. 

"Well the other night, Misty was actually found dead in her room." 

All jaws dropped and eyes enlarged. It was such sudden  

unexpected news to them. 

"H-how?" Louis asked. 

"She hung herself," Veronica said with no emotion.  

"That's terrible," Liam whispered under his breath.  

"Harry, what do you think of that?" Veronica tried. 

Harry looked up at her. He began to remember Misty's face the last time he saw her. He couldn't seem to remember anytime she was happy. He could have helped her and saved her, but he didn't. 

"You know what?" Zayn yelled again. "You're a bitch. Howdare you tell us someone like that kills theirself and expect another person who is obviously distraught about it to give their input." 

"Zayn-" Harry attempted to say 

Veronica stood up also. "I'm sorry you feel that way. I think I'm done with this interview. I don't wish to be treated like that by some wannabe teenagers." 

She stepped away and out of the studio. Zayn ran after her and Liam ran after him.  

Harry sat there knowing that One Direction would probably be no more after this. He looked at Niall,and his face read the same thing. Louis sat with his head down and it took Harry a while to actually see what he was doing. He was readin a text.  

"What does that say?" Harry asked. 

Louis gulped and looked up. "Here." He handed him the phone. It was from the head of their management.  

'Zayn is out. End of story. Harry is on the edge and better get it together if he wants to stay in the band. Sweden won't take us anymore to record. The album is going to have to wait. Inform the others.' 

"We can't be One Direction without Zayn. It'll only cause more controversy," Harry said. 

"There's one way to get out of all of this," Louis added. 

Niall turned to him. "You're not..." 

"We should." 

Harry agreed. It took them a while, but soon enough the whole band agreed. They had to do what they had to do.

---------

*THE NEXT WEEK* 

"How many viewers now?" Harry asked Liam.  

"300,000," he answered. 

The boys were doing a twitcam. they told everyone they had announcement to make.  

"Ready Lou?" 

"Ready, Haz." 

All five of them sat infront of the camera as Louis talked for them all. 

"This is hard for everyone. But it has to happen. Management didn't tell us to do it, we've decided on our own. There won't be another album. But that's because... well, Uh.... We've decided to break up as a band. This is probably the last time we'll be together before returning to normal lives, away from media. It's too much for us. We hope you'll all understand.  

We still love our fans. Thanks for everything." 

Harry told everyone he'd finish up. Once we was the only one in the room, he added one last thing. 

"Love you, Alex." And he closed the laptop.

THE END

-----

THANKS YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING!

(p.s, I know that the epilogue is short, but I thought it was appropriate. You're welcome.)

LOVE YOU GUYS<3

~Sophia

P.S.

I have a new fan fic out called Meraki. It's about Harry and Niall and I'm super excited for it. I hope you are too. Check it out if you're into that sort of thing.

You guys are all amazing, thanks again for sticking it out til the end. The madness of me continues on my profile. Love you all.