Chapter 8

I woke up around 12:00p.m to my cell phone ringing. Reaching over to my bed side table I answered.

"Hello?"

"Ashley are you up?" I sighed. Figures it would be Lizzy calling.

"I am now."

"Good. I want you to come somewhere with me." I really didn't feel like doing anything today.

"I'm sorry Lizzy but I really don't feel like it today." I just wanted to stay home, and binge watch a Netflix show.

"Ok Ashley another time." She hung up sounding sad. I felt bad for not going so I decided to call her back and ask her to come over. She picked up on the 3rd ring.

"Hello?"

"It's me, do you want to come over instead?" I asked nervously. Hope she doesn't reject me like I just did to her.

"Sure, I'll be over in about an hour!" She hung up sounding much happier.

**

"I brought games and a make-over kit." Was the first words Lizzy said when I opened the door for her. Right now, we're sitting on my bed playing Uno. Pretty sure she's cheating.

"So, what have you been doing all day?" I asked her.

"Derek and I met Kelly and Caleb at the mall."

"What did you buy?"

"Some shirts and a charm bracelet." She said showing me her wrist.

"So, tell me about this Dylan boy." I felt my heart beat over time just hearing his name. Play it cool don't give anything away. Alright now answer deep breaths.

"What about him?" Dang too high lower the voice try again.

(Deep voice)"Dylan who?" Oh no. Lizzy was staring at me weirdly.

"Ashley I can tell you're lying, your voice got high then deep." Busted!

"There's nothing to tell really he just almost hit me with his car." I watched her eyes widened and realized I shouldn't have told her that.

"Not like that. I was running out of the woods at an inconvenient time." I tried to explain the best I could.

"Ok what happened after that? And why were you running out of the woods?" She asked.

"No reason, and I passed out."

"Then?"

"I woke up at his house, he took me there."

"How does he look?" Hotter than hell.

"He's cute." I decided to say instead, play it cool.

"Just cute, I was hoping for something better."

"Alright he's my second mate." She stared frozen for a moment then,

"WHAT?" She screamed. "Wait what do you mean second? Who's your first? You have two!?" The questions were coming full speed.

"I know, I don't know what to do." I frowned. "Blake is my first mate but he doesn't want to tell anyone to keep me safe."

"Blake as in my brother? Does he know you have another mate?"

"no, I can't tell him yet, he'll try to keep me away from him before I even get the chance to get to know him. If I even see him again, he gave me his number though." The thought of never seeing Dylan again made me sad, I mean he was my mate.  Lizzy saw the look on my face and sighed.

"Fine Ashley but you're going to have to tell him yourself eventually."

"I know." I sighed sadly.

"When are you going to tell him?"

"I don't know."

"Ok"

"So, you want me to call Dylan and arrange for you to meet him?" I asked. It would be nice for them to meet each other, and it gives me an excuse to call and hang out with him.

"Sure."

I grabbed my cell phone and dialed his number. As it rang I started to get nervous, questions popping in my head. What if he doesn't answer? What if he doesn't-

"Hello?" Omg he picked up. I shot a panicked look at Lizzy, but she just smiled.

"Hey Dylan, it's me Ashley..."

"Oh, hey is something wrong?" He asked worried.

"No, I was just calling to arrange a meeting so that you can meet my friend Lizzy if that's ok? Or is that weird?"

He chuckled on the other end. "I would love to meet your friend, when do you want to meet up?"

"When are you free?"

"Um right now actually is that cool?"

"Yea we can meet at the arcade on 12th street, do you know where that's at?"

"Yeah I'll see you there in an hour." He hung up. I looked over at Lizzy and she was grinning at me.

"Well he even sounds hot." She said, and I let out a small growl. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Relax I was just saying." I blushed when I realized what I did.

"Ok whatever let's just get ready." Lizzy laughed and grabbed my arm before dragging me to my closet.

"I'm going to make you look fabulous." Oh boy.

An hour later she had me dressed in a black skirt that flairs out and a white blouse with a black leather jacket on. She did my hair in loose curls and applied some mascara and eyeliner to my eyes. I had to admit I looked hot.

"Ok you ready to go?" I nodded and grabbed my purse as we made our way down the stairs.

When we got there, we walked around looking for him. He texted me on our way here that they already made it. I didn't know exactly who 'they' was. I spotted him standing in a corner with another guy and a red-haired girl. I grabbed Lizzy hand and dragged her over there.

"Hey Dylan!" He looked up when he heard his name and smiled before coming over and giving me a hug. The tingles flared up as soon as he did that.

"Hey Ashley, you don't mind I brought some friends do you?" He said pointing to the people behind him.

"No, it's ok this is Lizzy." I said introducing them.

"Hi Lizzy, these people here are Emily and Caleb." He said. The red head glared at me, but Caleb waved. What's her problem?

"What's up I'm Ashley." I gave them both a polite smile. After making the introductions we all headed over to a table he booked.

 After making the introductions we all headed over to a table he booked