Chapter 22

I lay in my room thinking over the things Lizzy just told me. What does she mean I die? Do I sacrifice myself? If so that doesn't sound like a bad way to die. If it's for the people I love. That's if her dream comes true. Maybe it's just a nightmare and I shouldn't worry at all. Even so I decided to call Jacob. If anyone got answers it would be him.

Reaching over to my side table for my phone I dialed Jacobs's number. It rang twice before he answered.

"Calling to confess your love for me already?" I rolled my eyes.

"Actually no, and that will never happen. I called to get your opinion on something." I bit my lip waiting for him to respond.

"Keep telling yourself it won't cupcake, but we both know it will. What do you need help with? Is it math? I almost called you for the same thing. I don't know why I decided to enroll in school again." To stalk me I thought.

"Lizzy had a dream.... that there's a war coming. Which didn't sound too bad until she dropped the bomb that I die? Now I'm not sure what I should think." I told him. There was silence for a few minutes as he got his thoughts together.

"I think your friend may be right." I sucked in a breath. "But not about you dying, I wouldn't let that happen." He said fiercely.

"So, you believe there's a war coming?" I asked him.

"Yes, I've known for some time now, remember when I mentioned how much the council wanted you? Well they still do, and they'll stop at nothing to get their hands on you. It's one of the reasons I came to find you, to prepare you. You'll need your angel in this battle." I was shocked. It seems Jacob knows more about my life than I do. A war coming? When I thought it was just a dream it didn't sound bad but now the full situation is hitting me. A war means I could lose people. People I've come to love and are close to me. All because I have a group of old people obsessed with me.

"Hello? Ashley? You still with me?" I heard Jacob ask me.

"Yeah I just was thinking...."

"You have nothing to worry about I'll have you prepared for battle in no time."

"But what about my family? And everyone else?" I asked.

"I don't know about them honestly, I can only help you." I'd say he didn't care to help them but then I heard the sadness in voice. Whatever made Jacob come here he's going to try his best to help me and save the people I love no matter what it took. My opinion of him went higher. I didn't give him as much credit as he deserved.

"Thank you, Jacob." I said quietly into the phone.

"When should we start? I can come around later to teach you more things." He said seriously.

"As soon as you can. I'm not doing anything today." Way to sound like a bum. Jacob chuckled as if he knew what I was thinking.

"I'll be over in an hour then."

"Ok I'll see you then." I hung up the phone and sighed. Should I tell Lizzy her dream is true? I wouldn't want her to blame herself though. As I was thinking of what to do my phone rang again. I picked it up and the caller id said Dylan.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey what are you doing?" He asked.

"Sitting here, Jacob is supposed to come by later to help me practice with my powers." I told him.

"Really? And you didn't bother to tell me? When is he coming?" It would be nice to think he was asking these questions because he was jealous I was hanging with another male, but I realized he really liked when I played with the elements and would be excited to join. Plus, he didn't seem to ever get jealous really.

"In an hour he said. You can come if you want, I might need a practice dummy." I told him smiling. He snorted on the other end.

"You wound me with your words woman." He said, sounding hurt. I laughed.

"Well I have to get ready I'll see you in an hour." I told him hanging up. If you didn't hang up on Dylan he'd hold a conversation for hours.

"So, we're going to try to start with something basic since you're new to this." Jacob told me as we stood in this clearing in the middle of the forest. Dylan sat on a tree stump some little ways from us and watched. I was surprised when he and Jacob got along. After the encounter he had with Blake I knew my other mate also wouldn't like him. But I was wrong. I should stop comparing Dylan to Blake, they're nothing alike.

"What if I want to try something hard?" I asked him.

"Meet me in the bedroom later then." Dylan called from his spot. I glared at him while my cheeks were on fire. Jacob chuckled.

"Keep your perverted thoughts to yourself!" I yelled at him. He just smirked at me.

"Ok I want you to do like we did before, think of the hottest things you know." It was easy conjuring up a fire ball in my hand now.

"Now I want you to make it as big as you can." I did what he said and focused on the flame ball getting bigger. After much concentration it started growing till it was the size of a soccer ball.

"Ok not bad. Now I want you to make it smaller again and try to hit the tree in the middle." He said pointing to a tree in front of us. I smirked; this is going to be easy. I shot my hand out towards the tree. To my surprise it went nowhere near the tree, instead it went towards Dylan. My eyes widened, as it zoomed towards him. He jumped out of the way before it could engulf him in flames.

"Jesus Ashley you trying to kill me!?" He yelled. I covered my mouth to keep from laughing. Jacob on the other hand was laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes.

"I didn't mean to!" I said.

"You weren't focused." Jacob said once he finally stopped laughing.

"I was focused! I aimed for the tree!" I threw my hands up in frustration.

"No, you weren't, you threw the flame out with no control over it. You must guide the flame. Don't just look at your target and let it go." Jacob told me. I took a deep breath and focused on the tree this time, I conjured another fire ball in my hand. From the corner of my eye I could see Dylan moving out the way. I looked at my target then let the flame go. I watched the flame as it went towards the tree and finally hit it. I squealed jumping in the air with a fist pump. Jacob smiled at me.

"Good job." He praised. Dylan ran over and gave me a hug.

"Thanks for not trying to burn me this time!" He cried dramatically. I giggled.

We all turned when we heard a growl come from the woods. Coming out of the woods slowly was a large black wolf.