Chapter 24

I opened my mouth to ask him what that was, then decided against it. I'll ask him later when we didn't have an audience, meaning Blake. I focused back on Blake to see him sitting up now and looking much calmer.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Yes, I just want to know what happened and why do I feel like I can run a marathon." He looked at me for answers, I looked at Jacob.

"as I mentioned before its one of your abilities, all angels are taught to heal." He stated proudly. He loved being an angel, I could tell.

"Angel?" Blake asked confused. Oh, right he doesn't know.

"There's a lot you don't know." I sighed. He opened his mouth to speak but Jacob cut him off.

"We need to finish practicing." He told me standing up.

"With him here?" I asked pointing to Blake. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yes, you'll just have to explain everything to him later." He started walking back over to the clearing we were practicing at. He was so calm you wouldn't have even guessed that he just got into a fight with a werewolf. He's so badass, I couldn't wait to learn more from him. I followed him back over and stood in my original spot.

"What's going on?" Blake asked confused.

"Will you shut your trap for a second and just watch?" Dylan snapped annoyed. I heard a growl and had to hold in my giggle. Boys are such cavemen.

"Ok let's try another element." Jacob suggested as I finished stretching my arms. I don't know why I started stretching, it just felt appropriate.

"Can you teach me how to do the tornado thing you did?" I asked. I didn't know how appropriate it was to ask that considering he just almost killed Blake with that particular skill.

"Remember when I mentioned baby steps?" I shrugged, it didn't even look that hard.

"So, what are we going to do then?"

"Do earth, she struggles with that." Dylan called out making me roll my eyes. You make a rock vibrate one time and now you suck at an element. Not like he was a good teacher anyways.

Jacob laughed. "Ok let's start with those vines over there." I looked to where he was pointing and saw a few vines around a tree stump. "I want you to control them." He said.

"I hate to agree with asshole over there but he's right. I'm not that good with earth." I said.

"Earth is really easy, since we're connected to it in a way. It's usually the element we have most control over. Now I want you to look at the vines, but don't see them as vines. Think of them as extended arms instead." Jacob instructed me. He was like a walking angel thesaurus, I can see why my parents picked him. It also makes me wonder who his teacher was.

I did as he told me and looked at the vines. I thought of them as arms and reached out with my mind to move them. To my surprise they shot up 10 feet in the air. I screamed in surprised, and lost control of them. They went flying towards Dylan. He didn't get a chance to run as they flew towards him, they wrapped around his ankles as he tried to run and pulled him roughly to the ground. He let out a girlish scream that put mine to shame.

Dylan unwrapped the vines from his ankles and stood up glaring at me.

"I think we've had enough practice today." Jacob said laughing. Even Blake cracked a smile, though he still looked confused. I guess he was just happy to see Dylan get hurt.

"I didn't mean to!" I told Dylan for the second time today.

He glared at me walking off. "Next time I'm not coming!" He called over his shoulder. As if he would ever miss a session.

I looked back at the other two guys, to see Jacob smiling at me with pride in his eyes.

"You make your parents very proud, soon enough you'll be ready for anything." His words made me feel powerful. Before I could respond he disappeared. Like literally vanished in thin air.

"I have to learn that!" I thought out loud. Someone cleared their throat behind me, I forgot Blake was here.

"Well I guess I got some explaining to do." Not that I really owed him an explanation, but after everything he's seen I might as well clear up the confusion.

"Yes, you do." I sighed and we both started walking back to my house. I walked in holding the door for him as we went into the living room.

----------------------
"So, you're an angel." Blake stated. I nodded. "Wow."

"Yeah same thing I said."

"Are you sure there's a war coming though?" He asked.

"Jacob said there is, and I don't think he has a reason to lie." Blake growled when I said Jacob name.

"I don't like that guy." I rolled my eyes. What guy does he like besides his brother?

"That's not my problem." Just then everything that happened between us resurfaced.

"Ashley... you don't know how sorry I am. I had no control over my wolf when he said those things." He told me pleadingly.

"It's too late Blake, the damage is done. You made your choice and I've accepted it." I felt a tear slide down my cheek, I quickly wiped it away. I will not let him effect my feelings anymore.

"It's not too late. There's a way to reverse a rejection." He told me.

"What do you mean?" I asked him curiously. I may not know much about werewolves but that sounds impossible.

"I've heard rumors..." He said. I sighed.

"It's probably not true then." Not that I was going to try it anyways.

"We can find out though." Blake pleaded once again. The hurt look he was giving me was making me feel bad. I couldn't take it anymore. I shouldn't feel guilty for his mistakes.

"I think you should leave." I told him. He nodded getting up and walking to the door.

"I'll see you later." He said before closing the door behind him. I sighed and let the tears I was holding in roll down my cheeks. I know Blake and I's relationship will never be the same after this. Blinded by my tears I got up and headed up the stairs to my room.

I pushed the door open and let out a scream. Dylan was laying calmly on my bed holding my remote while flipping through the channels. He rolled his eyes when he heard me scream. Like he didn't almost give me a heart attack.

"Could you get any louder?" He dug a finger in his ear.

"What are you doing here? And how did you get in my room?" I asked closing my door behind me. Thank god no one was home. Seems no one was ever home these days.

"Came through the window, you should really start locking that by the way." I glared at him. "I also wanted to make sure you were ok." He suddenly looked uncomfortable. I realized he must've heard Blake and I conversation.

"I'm fine," I walked over and flopped down on my bed. "Just tired, using elements is a lot of work." I gave him a tired smile. He reached over and wiped my cheek with his thumb. I forgot I was crying before I came up here, I sighed. Dylan opened his arms for me. I hesitated a minute before I moved over, he wrapped me up in his arms as I laid my head on his chest.

"It's going to be ok." He told me rubbing my arms. I felt safe and at peace in his arms, like I belonged here. After a while I felt my eyes getting heavy. Before I was fully asleep I felt Dylan kiss the top of my head.

"Night angel." Was the last thing I heard before I let sleep consume me.