Chapter 29

I snuggled more into the person next to me as I was slowly waking up. The persons arm tightened around me even though I knew they were still sleep. I sighed in content. I knew having them next to me would help me sleep. Soon as I called and asked him to come over he arrived minutes later sneaking into my window, no questions asked. One of the things I liked about him.

"How long are you planning to lay there thinking about me?" He asked, eyes still closed. I blushed at being caught. He didn't really know what I was thinking right? Had to be a lucky guess.

"How long were you going to lay there fake sleeping?" I shot back, he laughed.

"However long I could." He answered honestly, I rolled my eyes. Rolling out of his arms I looked over at the clock. Jumping out of bed I ran over to my closet looking for something to wear.

"Where's the fire?" Dylan asked.

"Do you see that time?" I pointed towards the clock on my bedside table.

"Yeah, and?"

"We have thirty minutes before school starts." I grabbed some cheetah print skinny jeans and a black shirt. Dylan sighed. "And you need to go home and get dressed."

"Ah, use me and kick me out, that hurts you know." He said grabbing his chest faking a hurt look. I rolled my eyes walking over to my bed and giving him a peck on the cheek. His eyes lit up.

"I'd feel even better if you left one right here too." He pointed to his lips. I laughed walking into the bathroom.

"You better be gone by the time I'm out!"

Ten minutes later I walked downstairs and greeted Jake as he sat at the kitchen table eating.

"So... mind explaining why I just seen Dylan walk out the house looking like he just won the lottery?" That idiot used the front door? Wish I could smack him. I threw Jake the most innocent smile I could.

"He stayed the night that's all nothing happened." I told him sitting at the table after making my bowl of cereal.

"Do we need to have 'the' talk?" He asked raising an eyebrow. I choked on my cereal.

"NO!" He laughed, and I glared at him.

"I'm picking up some guys from school so there won't be any room left for you to ride with me." He casually explained to me, like he didn't know he was my way to school. I frowned.

"How will I get to school then?"

"I believe as Dylan was walking out earlier he said, "I'll be back" so I'm just assuming it's to pick you up." Just then my phone went off alerting me of a text. It was from Dylan saying he's outside.

"Fine." I finished the rest of my cereal before grabbing a granola bar and my backpack walking out the door.

Walking down my path I saw Dylan's car parked out front. I hopped in slamming the door.

"What did my door ever do to you?" Dylan asked.

"Sorry didn't mean to do that, guess I'm stronger than I thought." I started flexing my arm.

Dylan chuckled. "In your dreams SpongeBob." I sighed before handing him the granola bar. Haters going to hate.

"I'm assuming you didn't eat breakfast." He looked so grateful for it that I laughed. I studied him as he drove the car and ate the granola bar. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt and dark blue jeans.

"How far is your school from mine?" I asked.

"Only a couple minutes away, why?" He glanced over at me.

"Do you like being late or something?" He laughed.

"Well when you're alpha of the cat shifters you tend to not worry about silly tardies." He said smugly.

I gasped. "You're an alpha?"

"Of course, I thought you knew that." He said confused.

"No." We were quiet as I processed this. He's so chill and carefree that I wouldn't have even guessed he was an alpha. I felt pride swell in me at this information.

We pulled into the school parking lot and I saw Lizzy and Derek sitting outside like always with the gang. Dylan parked, I saw him unbuckling his seatbelt as if he was going to get out.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Getting out the car?" He asked.

"No, you're not hanging out today. Alpha or not you're not being late to school for no reason." He rolled his eyes.

"Ashley its fine." He said trying to convince me to change my mind.

"No, you're staying." I opened my door to get out. Before I could get all the way out though, Dylan grabbed my arm pulling me back and crashed his lips to mine. This brings back memories, I instantly responded kissing him back. I reached up to tug on his hair and he let out a soft growl. I pulled away remembering anyone could see us right now.

"Bye." I told him getting out the car not giving him a chance to respond. If I stayed any longer I was going to jump his bones in the parking lot. Bad Ashley! Don't think like that. I sighed, maybe Jake did need to have the talk with me after all. I walked over to my friends as I heard Dylan start up his car to leave.

"Hey guys." I grinned at them.

----------------------

I spent all night writing these three chapters! Hope you guys like it. Also remember to vote and leave comments! I would like to see what you guys have to say and if you have any ideas.