Chapter 31

Once we made it to the woods we spotted Jacob sitting on a rock, tossing a pebble up and down in his hand.

"Took you long enough, and I see you brought your practice dummy." He commented, referring to Dylan.

"I wouldn't call yourself that Jacob, you're also her teacher." Dylan replied. I just rolled my eyes at the both of them.

"If you two are done flirting I would like to start." I laughed at my own joke. The boys didn't find it funny.

"Right then, which element should we start with today?" Jacob asked getting down to business.

"Can we try earth again?" I heard Dylan make a strangled noise behind us.

"Oh god." He said, Jacob laughed.

"Indeed, we can." We both walked over to a spot in the clearing and I inhaled the fresh air, I always loved the smell of outside. I slowly lifted my hands and roots started coming out of the ground, I grinned. It seems I finally got the basics down.

"I'm doing it!' I shouted in excitement. I twisted my hands and the roots followed.

"Ok let's try something else now, you've kind of mastered some of earth." Jacob praised. I lowered my hands and the roots returned to their spot in the ground.

"What are we going to do now?" I asked him.

"I thought about teaching you how to control air, but I want you to learn something else first." He started walking away from me. "it's called teleportation, I want you to try and teleport where I'm at."

"Ok tell me how." I would love to learn that. Imagine if I'm at home hungry, I could just teleport to the kitchen then back to my room.

"First take a look at the area around me, memorize every little detail about it." I did as he said studying everything around him. "Now imagine yourself floating, really concentrate."

I focused as hard as could. After much concentration I felt the air start shifting around me, I felt weightless, I opened my eyes only to see I was standing next to Dylan. I flushed in embarrassment.

"Well, it's clear where you want to be," Jacob said smirking. "Not exactly where we were aiming but at least you got it." I didn't even pay attention to Dylan when I was focusing on Jacob, so why the heck did I come over here?

Dylan wrapped his arm around my neck pulling me into a headlock. "I'm not surprised this is where she ended up, I am irresistible." He ruffled my hair before kissing my cheek. I blushed like crazy at his actions, trying to fix my hair once he let me go.

Jacob was studying us, and I started shifting on my feet. "It seems every time you use your powers they go to Dylan." He said thoughtfully. I looked at him like he was crazy then realized he was right. The fire, vines, water, and now this. "Well we're done here." He said waving us off.

Already? We only tried one new thing! I wasn't ready to leave, I wanted to learn more. But from the look on Jacob's face I could tell he was elsewhere right now. Sighing I started walking back towards my house, Dylan following close behind.
---

I was laying on my stomach on the bed as I did my homework. Dylan was leaning back against the headboard, flipping through the channels. I sighed in frustration once I realized I got another problem wrong when checking the back of the book.

"Need help?" Dylan offered.

"Need help?" I mimicked him.

"Come on now don't be immature." He laughed.

"Why are you even still here?" I asked glaring down at my math book. No one invited him to chill with me.

"Didn't feel like going home." He said causally. I let out a loud huff. I squealed in surprise when I felt myself getting pulled back. Dylan pulled me back against his chest and sat me between his legs.

"Why are you being so cranky?" He mumbled against my neck. I shivered at the feeling.

"I'm not being cranky you're just annoying." I told him. He nipped my ear at my answer.

"Because I asked if you needed help?" He said.

"Maybe." I told him, realizing I actually was just being cranky.

"I have another question." He suddenly sounded nervous.

"What?" I asked him. He moved me around to face him so that I was now straddling him. I blushed at the new position we were in.

"What do you say, about being my girlfriend?" He asked looking into my eyes. I held my breath. Oh my god did he just ask me to be his girlfriend? I mean sure we kissed here and there, but now he wanted to make it official. My mate wanted me to be his girlfriend! Unlike Blake he wasn't rejecting me but accepting me. All these thoughts raced through my head as Dylan waited for an answer. In my heart I already knew the answer.

"Finally decided to make me yours huh?" I told him cockily. He smirked at me.

"You've been mine from the beginning." He said crashing his lips into mine.

"Ashley are you home?" I heard my moms voice from downstairs, making her way up the steps. I quickly got off Dylan's lap and tried to make myself as presentable as possible. I was not expecting her to come home. I thought about hiding Dylan in my closet but realized she'd just sniff him out.

"Guess it's time to meet the parents huh." He took his hands through his hair, not worrying at all. Was I the only one stressed about this situation? How am I going to explain having a boy in my room, in my bed?

My room door was pushed open and my mom paused as she took in the scene. "Who's this?"

"Uh mom this is Dylan." I introduced them.

"Her mate." Why did he have to open his mouth?

My mother narrowed her eyes. "What is going on Ashley?"

I sighed, guess I need to catch her up. "I had two mates, but Blake rejected me after something happened at school and Dylan just asked me to be his girlfriend." I blushed on the girlfriend part.

"I never liked that boy anyways, nice to meet you Dylan." She reached out her hand. I can't believe she was taking this so well.

"Nice to meet you too ma'am." Since when did he get so formal?

"Oh, just call me Mary, you're part of the family now no need for formalities," She waved him off. "Well I'm going to go get dinner started, keep this door open young lady. I'm too young to have grandchildren." She laughed walking out my room.