Chapter 2

Finally, my favorite time of the day, lunch time. Derek and I had just walked away from the lunch line when Jessica and Zoey walked up to us. That was the girl from earlier who bumped into me. I learned this from Derek in second period.

"Hey Derek." Zoey purred as she placed her hand on his arm. I rolled my eyes, what a slut, isn't she supposed to be dating Blake?

"Hey Zoe." Derek replied in a bored tone, I chuckled.

"This is my new bestie Jessica." Zoey tells him pushing Jessica forward. Ah now I see what's happening here, she's trying to hook them up. Jessica pulled her shirt down more while batting her eyelashes. This was pathetic to watch.

"Hi." She purred, sounding like an exact replica of Zoey. Once again, I rolled my eyes, this time Derek joined.

"Where's Blake?" Zoey asked Derek. So now she cares about his whereabouts? As if saying his name was the answer to summoning him another voice joined.

"Right here." That same husky voice answered from behind me. I whipped around so fast I almost fell, but strong arms wrapped around me keeping me steady. I felt tingles shoot through my entire body. What the heck was that? I blushed and put as much space between us as possible.

"Falling for me already I see." He said in a playful tone.

"N-no." I looked away quickly. Did I just stutter?

"Blake I've been looking all over for you!" Zoey whined moving closer to him, while cutting me a glare.

"I was busy." Blake says looking directly at me, making it look like his words held a double meaning. I looked at Derek, but he simply just smirked at me.

"With her?" Zoey growled out.

"Maybe." Blake answered at the same time I said "No."

"I'm your girlfriend." Zoey whined.

"Why would you be with her anyways? She's a loser." Jessica says finally speaking since Blake showed up. Wow what a great sister.

"Shut your mouth before I rip your tongue out." Blake growled at her. Both mine and Derek's head whipped around to stare at him, but he was glaring daggers in Jessica direction. Making her hide behind Zoey who just looked shock. It was quiet for several tense minutes because of Blake's outburst. It seemed like no one knew how to respond to that. So I took it upon myself to break the silence.

"Well this is awkward." Jessica and Zoey both glared at me. Derek laughed, and Blake smirked at me, amusement shining in his eyes.

"Come on." Blake said grabbing my hand and lunch. Why was he grabbing me and not his girlfriend? I hardly knew him. I looked back at Derek with questions in my eyes. He just shrugged. Wow! so he's just going to stand there and let me get kidnapped by his brother.

***

I followed him outside where he led me to a bench table. He sat down with my lunch while I just stood there looking very stupid. I didn't know what to do in this situation.

"Sit down." He demanded me. Being the stubborn girl I am, I said,

"No."

"Now Ashley." His eyes had gotten darker, so I quickly sat down. He pushed my food towards me.

"Eat."

"Ok dad." I replied sarcastically. He growled at me. Like actually growled. I didn't know what to say so I proceeded to eat my lunch. It was quiet while I ate, he just stared at me.