Chpt 12 - Surprise!

Ryn tosses Adam down next to two other people and makes sure the rope around everyone’s hands is secure, “Wait here.” She commands and leaves the small room.

“Hello, Sky.” The girl greets.

Adam looks at her, “Hi.”

“I’m… Scarlet.” She says slowly in a captivated tone.

“Have I met you before?” Adam asks.

“Yes. Just a few days ago with Aly and May.” Scarlet answers.

“Oh yeah. I remember now. And I know I’ve already met you, Conall.” He turns to the guy on his left.

Conall laughs nervously, “Yeah.”

“You’ve aged so much.” Scarlet comments, “Where have you been?”

“Wow that’s a really nice thing to say.” Adam responds.

“What?” Scarlet asks, “I’m just saying! Where have you been? The kingdom’s fallen without you.”

“What kingdom?” Adam asks.

“Sky, look at me, don’t you recognise this face?”

Adam looks at Scarlet, something told him that he’d seen this face before, but he just couldn’t remember where, “No.” Adam answers.

“You don’t remember, do you? You’ve been in the real world for longer than I thought.” Scarlet replies.

“Of course I’ve been in the real world; it was where I was born!”

Scarlet shakes her head, “This is terrible. The one true heir to the throne doesn’t even know who he is!”

“What do you mean?” Adam asks desperately.

“This castle, do you recognise it?” Scarlet asks.

“No! I’ve never seen it in my life!” Adam answers.

Scarlet flinches, “What about your real parents? Remember them?”  She asks.

“No. I was adopted, how would I know who my parents were?” Adam responds.

Scarlet sighs, “Your parents were the greatest people I ever knew.”

“Why? Who were they?” Adam questions.

“They were the owners of this castle. They ruled this land.”

“What are you saying?” Adam asks, “You mean they were king and queen?”

“Precisely.” Scarlet answers, “This kingdom never used to submerged in a giant ocean. In fact, the land used to look much like the rest of Minecraftia.”

“What happened to it?”

“This isn’t the first time the squids have joined up with Herobrine.” Scarlet explains, “Some 20 years ago, Herobrine and the squids attacked, and Herobrine put a spell over the kingdom so it completely filled up with water. Then the king and queen’s youngest son disappeared. We think that he was taken by Herobrine.”

“Their youngest son…” Adam mutters, “Me?”

“Yes, you.” Scarlet confirms, “All their other sons and daughters were murdered by Herobrine.” She pauses for breath, “Then in an effort to kill Herobrine, your parents tried to fight him, but they were killed too. With the kingdom left with no-one to rule it, the squids took over.”

“Woah… you think I got teleported to the real world and I forgot about all this?” Adam asks.

“Most likely.” Scarlet answers, “You weren’t the only person to disappear that day either. Me and my family managed to escape Herobrine and we lived quite happily outside the Sky Kingdom for a while, unfortunately, my cousin wasn’t so lucky. He disappeared just like you.”