All is fair in war

I had thought that it would have been fine being in the car with Reap... but I was wrong.

"So, Lily, right?" Reap starts to talk to me. Ugh, that is why I rode with you, I didn't want to talk. I just nod my head. Instead of taking that as a cue to shut up, he continues to talk. "Why do you wear a mask?" He asks. I shake my head at his questions. "Aww, come on. You had no problem talking when Buck was insulting you. Why won't you talk now?" He continues. I look behind us (I was in the passenger seat) at the rest of the guy, to see if they were paying attention. Axel had his headphones on, Crow was reading, and Strike had fallen asleep. "I am not stupid. I made sure they were not listening before I started asking. Believe it or not, I don't talk much either." Reap tell me. I pull my mask down, underneath my chin.

"I don't talk at all when I am here usually." I state, a bored expression on my face.

"So, why do you wear that mask?" He asks again. I roll my eyes and glare at him, letting out an angry puff of air. "Fine, I will give it a rest for now." He says. I check on the guys in the back once again before speaking.

"Shame." I state quietly.

"Shame?" He responds.

"Yes, you remember how Captain said I had been in this program since I was 16?" I ask him. He nods, still seeming confused. "Last year was my second year, I was the only killer. I killed 200 men...with my bare hands." I confess to him. He pulled into an empty parking space, next to Buck's car. His eyebrows were raised and he was now staring at me, like he had seen a ghost.

"2-200?!" He asks. I nod my head and pulls my mask back up. I give him one last look before getting out of the car. All of us stretch out and then walk into the huge mall.

We had walked around a bit and it was now about lunch time. We went to the food court and separated, each of us going to the restaurant that we wanted to eat at. I went to an Italian food shop. I got a bowl of spaghetti that had a meat sauce, then went to sit down at a table. After a few minutes Reap, Buck, and Axel all came over to where I was seated and took the remaining 3 seats at the table. They had all went and go some burgers and fries. "Mind if we sit here?" Reap asks me.

"She doesn't have a choice. Plus, I wouldn't listen to her anyways. She is just an innocent little girl, who I bet couldn't even kill a spider." Buck attempt to insult me. I roll my eyes and ignore all idiotic words that come out of his mouth.

"Buck! Chill with the insults dude." Reap defends me.

"What? You know she can't kill a bug, let alone a human." Buck says back.

"I will have you know, she is stronger than you think!" Reap replied.

"Have you gone soft?!" Axel exclaims.

"What? No! I just don't think it is cool that you both sit there and pick on her." He answers.

"Reap, we all here know she can't do it." Axel attempts to calm Reap, but failed miserably. 

"She is an Innocent Killer." Reap states. I smirk from underneath my mask.

"More like a ugly killer." Buck whispers to Axel. Reap then in one swift moment had gotten up and pinned Buck to the wall.

"You are pathetic." He whispers in a deadly tone into Buck's ear. Being fed up with them all acting like children, I pull down my mask so I can talk and then walk over to the two. I put a hand on Reap's shoulder and he looks at me confused. Buck smirks and pushes Reap's hands away from him. 

"Where do you think you are going?" I ask the retreating Buck.

"Unless you think you can take me down, I am gonna go eat." He replies. I simply shake my head and give my phone to Reap, so it doesn't get messed up. I then run up behind Buck and jump up, using his shoulder as a vault I push off and flip, sticking the landing in a ready stance. Buck looks stunned for a moment before stepping back into a ready stance also. Noticing that people were starting to look, I pull up my mask. I then block the punch he tried to swing. While he had my one hand occupied, he attempted to deliver a kick to my side. I quickly let go of his arm and duck below his leg. Using my current position to my advantage, I pull his other leg out form under him, sending him to the ground. With him on the ground, I crawl on top of him and hold his arms down. He then flips us over, me now pinned to the hard tile floor. I then notice that security had been standing aside, waiting for it to get out of hand. Idiots, what are you here for? Do your job. I shake my head and close my eyes while kicking him where the sun don't shine. He topples over to the side of me. "Cheater!" He yells. I smirk and lean next to his ear, I then whisper to him "All is fair in war."

I get up and leave him on the ground. Axel ran over to help him, but he was still laughing at Buck. Reap seemed impressed for a minutes but, he shakes it off and gives me my phone back. "Come on, I want to go check out H&M before we have to leave." I state and walk off, Reap following after me. When we arrived at the store I immediately see a skater skirt overall dress that had a denim bib but, the skirt was a solid black cotton. I run over to it, ignoring Reap chuckling behind me. I find my size and grab a bright pink bandeau with it (also in my size) I then run to the changing room and switch my clothes. I step out and see Reap was sitting in a chair outside my room. When he sees me his jaw dropped "Whoa, You look...wow." I hear him mutter. He then grabs my hand and takes me to the register, "We will be getting this." I hear him state while he gets out his wallet. The clerk rings up the price and he pays. We go back to the changing room and I get my stuff then we shop around a bit before leaving. What? I am not gonna go against a guy offering to buy me clothes. We then see that it is 3 pm and decide to go to the car.

When we get there we see that everyone else was waiting for us. When the group of guys see me all of their jaws dropped, even Buck. I smirk and give them a twirl, showing off my skirt. As I was spinning Reap noticed that there was something on my side, so he grabbed me and stopped my twirling. When he looked at my side his eyebrows shot up out of shock, "You have a tattoo?" He asks. I don't make eye contact and just nod my head.

"Really?! We wanna see!" Strike yells out. I turn and show them my geometric 3-D printed cube design that was tattooed on my side. "Cool!" He then yells out. He is a child sometimes.

The ride home was silent and once we had gotten home we all went to dinner. I also had decided to give up on hiding my identity. I mean I am not gonna just go around and say I am a killer, but if they ask I will admit I am in the Killer's Core. When we walked in the dinning hall my dad was leaving with his crew. I gave my dad hug and smiled at Carter, they both seemed shocked that I was with the core. I know my dad was shocked I was openly showing myself. I pulled down my mask and whispered to my dad. "I will explain later." He nods and continues on his way. I then go and sit with the core at our assigned table. Yes, the core gets their own table because they don't want us with the normal soldiers.

We had a peaceful rest of the night. Buck avoided me, Axel stayed with him but still seemed interested in what we were doing. I wonder what is their relationship. The rest of the core seemed a lot more interested in me, I didn't answer their questions. Reap also had stayed by my side. Then we all went back to the dorm and I made all of them shower. Once that battle was over we all went to bed. It was a peaceful sleep until...