Eighteen

Last night I had messaged Shane and he just asked if I'd come on his show Shane and Friends. Which I agreed to do, so I'd be going there tomorrow at about 1:30 in the afternoon. But right now I was getting dressed to go to the man I spoke to on the phone last nights house.

    I got dressed into a pair of black skinny jeans, a white Twenty One Pilots shirt, some converse, and I straightened my hair and slipped on a wine colored Beanie. I made my way outside and got into my car and headed over to the address after putting it into my maps.

     The drive was about an hour, so I had stopped at Starbucks and gotten some Ice Coffee before going. When I arrived, it was an older house, with a garage and shop off to the side, a gate around the house, and then cars all on the other side of the house. I got out and started walking up.

     I heard noises coming from the Shop so I walked over and knocked on the open door when I seen a man with shoulder length salt and peppered hair. He looked up and gave me a smile "Alexandria?" "You must be Robert, hello" "Nice to meet you, let me just come outside" he replied.

      I nodded and stepped back out, a moment later he followed me. "So you're looking for a short bus?" "Yes sir indeed" he smiled and nodded "It's back here, follow me". With that, we started walking towards all the cars and went to the left side and walked along the cars. There had to be hundreds out here.. Finally, we came across a short bus that was a pale yellow color. There wasn't any rust, but it was covered in tree sap and one of the windows were broken. Other wise it seemed perfectly fine.

      "I just got it earlier this week, they left it in a bus barn for a while and finally decided to get rid of it." "It's automatic, correct?" "Of course, and the inside is stripped besides the drivers chair. It just needs a bit of love" "It's perfect" I said, dragging my hand along the side while gazing at it.

      Soon he had drove it over to my car and I was getting my wallet. "Here is $1,200. Thank you so so much" "Of course, but how will you get your car home now?" "Actually my friend is getting an Uber over here to get it. Do you mind if I wait for him?" "Of course not. But, I have to start work back on the truck in the shop. Has to be done by Friday" I thanked him one last time before he went back to the shop.

      I had grabbed a bottle of water and shirt from my car and started getting some of the sap off the window so I could see. There wasn't much, and it had to be fresh because it wasn't to hard to get off.

     I heard a car and I turned my head just as a car pulled up beside me and stopped, out came Colby. I smiled at him "Thank you so much for the help. Look! Look at my new baby" he smiled and laughed a little "Come on, let's take it to my house and drop my car off then will you help me clean it off?" "Of course, let me see the keys?" I gave him my car keys and I quickly got into the bus. We both started driving back to my house.

    When we got there he locked my car and came onto the bus. He sat on the steps since there were no more chairs, and we started driving to the car wash. When we arrived I gave him the money to put in while I quickly called a glass company and spoke to them about repairing it within the next hour.

    I got the soap and started scrubbing it. Within an hour and a half it was done so we quickly drove over to the glass company. While repairing it we were across the street at Chipotle.

    I was writing on my phone what I had to stop and get to fix it up into a RV type thing. Colby was helping me pic out a color for the outside. We also agreed nobody was aloud to see it until we were done with it, this was only between the two of us. Not even Elton or Aaron...