Chapter 3: Perfecting the Seduction Technique

~Perfecting the Seduction Technique~

When we left the bus we were greeted by a group of people. It was more of those pink and green women, three foxy men and at least thirty satyrs. I squeaked and hid behind Dylan. This earned me quite a few surprised expressions though the satyrs gave me knowing looks that freaked me out even more. One of them walked up to me as if to show he was being peaceful.

“Don’t worry your highness,” he said, “We won’t harm you like our overly disgraceful cousin. In fact we have come to apologize to you in his place.”

“Why couldn’t he have come himself?” I asked, dreading the answer.

“He is being put on trial for execution,” one of the other satyrs replied.

“What?! I mean, I know he deserves to be punished for what he did, but not like that. Who ordered this?” I asked with firmness I didn’t know I had.

“Why, your companion Dylan Shadeskin.

“Dylan? Why would you do that? It’s in their nature isn’t it? God, I mean, I know what he did was unforgivable but execution, seriously? That’s just insane. I mean-” I was about to continue when one of the satyrs tugged on my sleeve.

“Actually princess, it’s not as bad as you think. You see, when we die, we reincarnate as flowers or trees. It’s like being given a second chance. And it allows us to think about we did in our past life. What Dylan did was actually one of the most sympathetic things anyone could have ever done. So please, do not scold him for what he has done,” I could tell this satyr was younger than the others, he was shorter than the others, and his horns weren’t as developed as the others either, but, he seemed a bit less corrupt. I liked this little satyr boy, maybe I would see him again later on in the future. I really hoped he wouldn’t turn out like the rest.

I looked back to Dylan prepared to apologize, but then he held up a hand as if to silence me. I complied and waited for him to say something. When the silence held I turned back to the little satyr and said, “I do apologize, you see, I don’t know how everything here works yet, being as this is only my first time,”

“Please, there is no need for you to apologize your highness, we all make mistakes don’t we?” he flashed me the most sincere smile and this, for some reason, filled me with sadness. He truly must be a very young man, still unknowing to the cruelties and hardships of real life. It was then that I made a decision.

I turned back to Dylan and whispered to him, “How many people am I allowed in my harem at a time did you say?”

“As many as you like so long as they are not aristocratic Incubi, you are only allowed three of those. Why do you ask?” he gave me a questioning look as if he had already guessed what I was about to do, yet didn’t know the reason for it.

I turned back to the satyr and asked quietly, “How would you like to join my harem?”

“I-I would be honored your majesty. Truly this is the greatest rectitude a royal could bestow anyone of my class,” he bowed before me and I gave him an approving smile so he would feel acknowledged.

“Well then, we should be leaving now right? Thank you all for coming and I do accept the apology represented by you. Please, if you can, tell the satyr I forgive him. If that is all I shall be departing then. Farewell and good health to you all.”

With that, me, Dylan, Jacque and the little satyr boy started down the path headed towards a huge city wall with wrought-iron gates on strong heavy looking hinges. The wall was heavily grafitied in some places and sparse in others. I saw a short furry man scrubbing vigorously at the graffiti and guessed he was what Dylan had called a brownie. I remembered stories of them living in houses and helping the maids and masters with chores and cooking and other such jobs. He looked furious at having to clean away the filthy words left by delinquents with too much time on their hands.