Chapter 1: As of Today You are a Succubus

~*~

I was on the bus ride home from school on an average dreary Monday. I was blasting Pierce the Veil on my IPod, when something caught my eye. I looked out the window only to realize that whatever it was wasn't there. I thought it had been a pair of electric blue eyes. As I looked back at the seat in front of me, I felt another presence close by. I looked across the aisle to glimpse an attractive classmate of mine. I couldn't remember his name, though I knew it was quite simple.

When I realized I had been staring too long I quickly looked back at the seat in front of me, my cheeks feeling slightly warm.

"Ahem," I heard him say and looked back over, "You're in my math class right?"

When I nodded he continued, "I'm sorry, I've forgotten your name."

"S'okay, I forgot yours as well," I gave a nervous giggle. When he didn't react the same way I said, "I'm Cello."

"Like the instrument?"

"Sorta', you see, I used to play the Cello, and my cousin gave me the nickname Cello, you know, because I played it so much." I literally had to clamp my mouth shut to stop the flow of words the spilled from my mouth like flowing water.

He laughed then. It was one of the sweetest, yet most masculine things I had ever heard. The contrast left me a little dazed, and when I regained control of my senses, I noticed he was staring at me intently in an almost creepy way. I looked down and started playing with the girly charms that hung from my backpack.

"My name is Matthew by the way," he said so suddenly I actually jumped in my seat, even though he said it so quietly. I noticed my racing heart then, as his husky voice passed over my ears. I looked back over to look at his face more and finally noticed his eyes. They were the same blue I had seen just moments ago, only the electrical tone in them wasn't as intense. Maybe I had seen his reflection in the window or something. My face grew warmer as foreign, almost alien feelings spread through my system. I was almost grateful that my stop was seconds away as I couldn't think of a response. I quickly looked away and made it look like I hadn't heard him over my ear buds.

As the bus slowly pulled into the stop I had already started walking down the aisle as slowly as my legs would allow me, though I knew I still looked like I was moving rather quickly. The doors opened and I was practically running back to my house.

The sound of footsteps behind me stopped me in my tracks. As I was looking over my shoulder, I could feel my pursuer right behind me. It's probably just Dylan trying to scare me again. As I started up again I heard my name being called.

"Hey, Cello," I knew it wasn't Dylan as soon as the slimy voice hit my eardrums. It was Stephanie Plastic Nose, the snobbiest girl in my entire High School.

I turned reluctantly, my eyes closed, but slowly opening.

"Yes?" I replied, though I knew it was a bad idea.

"I saw you talking to my Mattie on the bus."

"And?" I asked, already bored of this pointless conversation.

"'And,' he's mine, so do not even try talking to him again, got it?"

Then I did the stupidest thing I could ever have done on a Monday. "Stephanie, you think any guy who is remotely cute belongs to you. You think that, just because you like someone or something, they immediately like you back. You know what I know? You are a spoiled snobby little rich kid who thinks you rule the world because daddy says you do. Well you know what, you don't, and you have no power over any of us. Now do everyone a favor, and fuck off." As soon as it left my mouth I regretted it. I knew it was stupid and she would immediately go and tell her father the business man.