Chapter 5: My brother, Satan

~My Brother Satan~

~*~

I ran back into my room, breathless and fluttery. I couldn’t believe what I had just done. Sean’s blood was running down my neck in two parallel lines, staining my shirt. I would have to burn this otherwise I might get him in trouble. I quickly disrobed and ran into the bathroom. I found the lighter I kept in my bag for emergencies. I held the flame to the bottom of the shirt and it quickly set fire. I threw it in the trashcan and scurried over to the sink. I grabbed a towel and scrubbed off the drying blood. I realized I would have to burn this as well. I picked up the lighter but realized the blood was disappearing. I looked over at the trashcan and sure enough, the fire was out and the shirt wasn’t so much as charred.

I pulled it back out and saw the blood had disappeared just like it had on the towel. Perhaps they were made from the same material. Whatever the reason I put my shirt back on and tried to collect myself. When I finally calmed down enough to think clearly, my stomach rumbled. I checked myself for any more blood and when I didn’t find any, I brushed my hair and walked back out to the kitchen.

“Hello lass, you ‘ungry?” the chef asked me.

“Yeah, are you done already?”  I asked, absolutely starving.

“Of course I am, here you go love.” He handed me a plate of wonderful looking food and I couldn’t help digging in immediately. The food scorched my mouth and throat but I didn’t feel it. All I could register was the amazing flavor of the bacon and eggs.

“Do they not feed you enough in the human realm?” Chef asked with a sly smile.

I couldn’t say anything between scarfing so I suppose he took that for his answer. He just chuckled and let me eat. It was gone much too quickly. I looked up at him shyly and he understood instantly.

“You want some more, eh?” he asked. When I nodded he took my plate and shoveled on some more. This time I ate slower so that I wouldn’t look like a complete pig. He had added something familiar but I couldn’t quite name what it was.

“Mm, Chef, this is amazing. Thank you so much,” I said between mouthfuls. He smiled at me then went back to the ovens behind him. I finished eating and excused myself, saying I needed to look for Dylan. Really all I wanted to do was run back to my room and cry, but before I could even get close to that corridor I was stopped by a singing voice just to my left.

I peeked through the cracked door and saw the most beautiful woman in the world. I mean, think about the Tyra Banks, mixed with Angelina Jolie, and Megan fox, times ten. That is how hot this woman is. As I examined her alien beauty, see sang a song with such passion it made my soul leap and my heart soar.

When wind blows south, run through it with power,

If it pushes you over, o try, try again,

O little bird, why do you cry, if it sorrows you so, then fly ever higher,

Let the wind carry you on, let it raise up your heart, let it see you onto your destiny,

O my daughter, I’ll guide you my best, but when it’s your time, then you must fly.

The song sounded so sad, and at the end I was feeling distressed and fought against the urge to burst into the room and comfort her. Instead I turned and kept walking, quietly at first so that I didn’t disturb her and then as I got further away I walked normally. The sorrow I saw in her eyes was like she had lost many pieces of her heart, and it was agony to still carry on like nothing was wrong. How I knew I had no idea, and yet somehow I felt for her. As I was babbling in my head I didn’t immediately notice the presence of yet another one of my soon to be consorts.