Chapter 9: The Gay Incubus

~*~

I looked up at a rather tall, slim man with typical Shivarrian features. Red hair with blonde and orange highlights was spiked to look like flames, gold eyes that shone with confidence and guile, his skin was radiant with a sun-kissed glow, and he wore what was becoming a very tired overly-frilly, classic style of clothing that still somehow hugged the body in a way that was both flattering and mind-boggling. Like a second skin really.

"Who are you?" I asked, looking into those half-closed glowing golden eyes. Something about them reminded me of a serpent, though, not one looking for its next meal. Those eyes captured my attention greater than any I'd ever seen before, especially since they didn't waver from my own the way most would. I wasn't a stranger to feeling gazes on parts of me I'd rather not have people look at. This was new, and greatly welcomed.

"My name is Tyrone, but you may call me Ty, your highness."

"Oh, please, just call me Cello. Titles are far too overrated."

He smiled at this. "I couldn't agree more, Cello."

"So, do I have something to wear? Or should I just go in a pair of my finest sweats and a tank top?" I joked, earning a soft chuckle from the man before me.

"Don't worry sweetie, I've got a few choices for you, hopefully at least one to your liking."

He helped me to my feet and I gave him a small smile in return. I was lead to the back of the room, where a rack of what I assume to be dresses. It was hard to tell because they were covered, so really they could have been anything. Ty picked out three from the rack, and we walked over to a silk screen with a scene of cherry trees in bloom with their petals flying off into a swarm that reminded me of butterflies. Ty hung the dresses on a rack beside the screen before guiding me behind it.

"Disrobe please, then hang your clothes on the top of the screen so I can fold them and put them away for you. You may leave your underwear on, though I'm not sure how good one of the dresses will look with a human bra on. Oh well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it." He smiled before walking back around the screen.

I chuckled softly, lifting off the green dress with pretty butterflies I'd put on this morning, draping it over the top of the screen. It was quickly snatched away, replaced by a piece of white fabric that reminded me of a cloud. I didn't touch it immediately, in fear I might cause it to dissipate into nothingness. After much hesitation, I finally clutched the fabric in as gentle of a grip as I could muster. I was right about it seeming like a cloud, I barely felt it in my hands. I held the fabric by what I assumed were the shoulder straps, and I'm not gonna lie; I was excited to put this thing on.

It slid onto my body with ease, though it hugged my body in a way that actually brought my confidence back up after the comparison I'd made before. I thought I had nothing on at all. Looking at myself in the mirror, I almost gasped. The girl standing there looked like a true princess. The only indication that the reflection was my own was the messy hair and the big, confused, doe-shaped eyes. I ran my fingers along the fabric, still barely even feeling its presence.

"Cello? Are you done in there sweetie? I wanna see my handiwork," Ty called, already walking around the screen before I'd even had a chance to respond.

Automatically, my arms moved to cover my chest while a blush crept across my cheeks. At the strange look I received reminded me that I was in fact clothed. My blush burned hotter and I quickly dropped my arms back down to my sides. He chuckled and I looked down in utter humiliation.

"Hm, would you mind giving me a little spin there sweetheart?"

I nodded and spun slowly, the fabric fluttering around me much like I imagined it would in a light breeze. I was so mesmerized by the fluidity of the motion, I almost didn't hear Ty's voice in the background.