⚡Chapter 1⚡

And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.

I slowly close my book as I put it to my chest and stand up from the couch in the window as I walk to my bookcase, placing it in its place.

I always had a soft spot for sweet romantic books ever since I was seventeen. Who would have taught I change so much over the past four years? A lot of stuff has happened these couple of years including the death of my mother. I mean if she died of a heart attack or stroke then maybe I would have forgotten it by know and would move on but this wasn't a normal death. No, she was murdered in cold blood right in front of my dad. If I haven't slept at Felicity's that night I might have witnessed it and have never got that picture out of my head.

It was harder on dad to forget what happen that day but he kept himself busy on the farm, because if he stops working he might think of that horrible night and I can't let him go threw it again. He was like a Zombie for at least two months after mom died and it was hard to live with him. But it's in the past and I'm looking towards the future.

I quickly changed into a pair of black skinny jeans, a white shirt and throw my denim jacket on as I pulled my brown boots on before heading downstairs.

"Daddy?" I yield as I came down the stairs only to find the house extremely quite. I guess he is a problem in the fields. I wrote him a note saying I was going to Felicity's and place it against the fridge as I grab my handbag and keys as I head towards the garage to my white Toyota that dad got me last year.

I park in front of Parmer Tech as I climb out and head to the front desk. Fecility called me last night saying she has some huge news that she couldn't talk over the phone and she has to see me early this morning. I walk up to the front desk to see a guy about my age sitting behind it with the phone against his ear. I put my bag on the counter as I wait for him to notice me. He looks up and places his hand over the speaker as he smiles at me.

"Can I help you?" He asked as I smile and nod taking of my sunglass as I place them on top of my head.

"Um yes, I'm here to see Felicity Smoke," I said as he held up a finger and type on the computer.

"Well, well if it isn't Dawn Price." A deep voice came behind me as I turn around and saw Oliver walking towards me. He was dressed in a blue shirt, black jacket, and dark blue jeans. "I'll take it from here James." The guy behind the desk nod as Oliver walk towards me.

"Its good to see you to Oliver," I said as he gave me a hug before we head to the elevator.

"So what brings you here?" He asked after we enter the elevator and he pushes the floor button.

"Well, your dear girlfriend called me last night sounding extremely excited and telling I should be here first thing in the morning," I said as he chuckled and placed his hands in his pocket. "What you doing here?"

"Well we were about to go out to get some coffee but I guess things have to wait a bit longer."

"I'm sorry for ruining your coffee date," I said as he shook his head.

"It's okay as long as we get to hear the good news."

"Speaking of good news? When are you going to pop the question to my dear best friends?" I asked as he laughed and shook his head.

"How did you know about that?"

"Let's just say a little birdie told me," I said as he smiles before the door opened and we step out heading to Felicity's office.

"Let me guess Speedy?" He asked as I smile and nod. "I guess my sister couldn't keep it to herself."

"You lucky she didn't tell Felicity."

"Yeah I guess I'm grateful for that, she didn't tell anybody important."

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing really." He said as we laugh before entering the office. Felicity had a huge office that had an amazing view of the city. She had no actual privacy since it was made mostly out of glass and you could see right into her office when you enter the main hall of the floor. She was busy talking on the phone as Oliver and I took a seat on the couch. She also had her own small living room in her office since it was so large.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you two," Felicity said as she put the phone down and walk towards us taking a seat next to Oliver on the couch opposite from me.

"Busy, huh?" I asked as she leans back in her seat and let out some breath.

"You have no idea, being the CEO of Parmer Tech is difficult." She said as Oliver place his arm over her shoulder and his hand threw her as she looks up at him and smiled.

"Okay before I get way uncomfortable with you two love birds. Might wanna tell me why I'm here and not back at home reading my favorite book?" I said as Felicity looks towards me as her smile grew bigger.

"Ah yes, the big surprise." She said and move so she was sitting on the edge of the couch and her hands folded together. "Well let's just say I now have a friend who works for the Central City police department as forensic analysis."

"Wait, you kidding right?" I asked as she smiled and shook her head.

"Nope, not even one bit." She said as I jump up and gave her a bone crushing hug.

"But how?" I asked as I pulled away from the hug.

"Let's just say I know the detective from the station and he was happy to get some young blood in the station."

"You called Joe?" Oliver asked as Felicity looks towards him.

"Well yes, and he told me I should talk to Barry since she will be working with him and he said he would love to have an assistant."

"Um, I bet you even Dawn knows more about science than Barry," Oliver said as I look between the two of them confused.

"Um hold the phone who's Barry?"

"He is the one you would be working with," Felicity said.