Prelude:

Things happen when you start believing

                There has been a tale long time ago. A tale about a place called celestial village. According to rumors, spirits and demons roam this village. Few have the guts to live in it until a man named Trevor cleansed it. He was a known exorcist but after 5 years, he disappeared for an unknown reason.

********

            About a century later, this village developed into the famous Celestial City. With all the busy streets, gigantic buildings, crowded population, and diverse tourist attractions, this city rose so high that almost everyone forgot about the tale.

********

I... am Cindy, a typical 17 year old college student with a typical life, typical school and typical friends. I live in Celestial City and this is my story.

            It was Wednesday. Last night, I really didn't got to sleep. I did my homework, slept for about an hour and woke up at exactly 4:30. I didn't get to sleep after that. When i look at my reflection at the mirror this morning, circles were drawn under my eyes.

"Cindy!!!!" Riza, one of my bestfriends run towards me as I approach the gate. She gave me a hearty hug then examined me from head to toe. "What happened? You look so haggard."

            "Uh! Don't broadcast it Riza. You see, I did not have much sleep." I grunted. I, myself, didn't like the way I look like today. Aside from signs of not having enough sleep drawn across my face, my clothes was just plain. Black tank top, jeans, and rubber shoes.

            "So I guess you completed our fabulously difficult homework huh?" She teased as we enter the building.

           " Yes, I finished it at about 3:10am" I answered

            "That's why you look like a monster" Riza let out a chuckle.

            Riza loves to make jokes. But I know that deep inside, she experiences so much agony and pain. She has been living with her aunt and it has never been good. As an orphan, her aunt took care of her since when she was 5 years of age but when she grew up, she was treated like a maid. To take away the pain she feels, she smiles most of the time. She spends time singing too. Other than that, she has Tom, a good friend who cheers her up. Both of them move as if they were one - Lifting up each other's self-esteem. they were the perfect best friends of their school.

Everything was just about ok for us. But later that day....

           " I hate it that I woke up so early. I couldn't sleep after that." Mearbel, another friend of mine, tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

            "Really? Well me too. I woke up 4:30am." Zach shrugged and walked sluggishly.

            Weirdly, Tom, Riza and I look at Zach and Mearbel gasped. "Seriously?!!?"

Goosebumps crawled through my neck. I can see that Zach is serious. I dont know about the others but I woke up 4:30 too.

            "Yes, you think I'm joking? Why are you shocked?"

            "I woke up at exactly 4:30am too." We chimed in.

            Now it was Zach who gasped. "Don't scare me, it's impossible."

            Everyone was puzzled but our attention was diverted to the ringing bell. We entered the classroom and felt something really weird. But I ignored it as the professor enters the classroom.

"Good Morning Class!" A 50 year old energetic professor enters the classroom. Though old in age, he still looks like mid-thirty's. Professor Sigrid Myrtle dropped his books on his table loudly and growled, "We have a new classmate! He is from Lynstown. Be good to him."

A not so tall, brown eye, black haired boy entered the classroom. He is wearing weird blue glasses, black geek shirt, jeans and black shoes. It was a bit weird for the class to see him but everyone welcomed him so warmly.

"I am John Lynjames, 16 years old and I am from Lynstown." The new boy shifted from one foot to another and was fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

Everyone stood up to greet him welcome. I stood up to shake hands with the new comer but before I could even stretch my arms to offer John the sign of welcome, they boy stared at me. I was about to ask him why he stared that way but I was halted.

"You look . . . . . . . . . . . . so beautiful," the boy pronounced.

I stood still.... stunned.

One idea entered my floating mind — did I ever met this guy before? "Ah . . . I'm . . . Cindy." Suddenly I felt my face turn hot and I think I'm blushing. Other than that, my body felt a weird tugging sensation when we shook hands.

I got back to her senses when I felt a painful pinch that crept my body. It was Riza pinching. "What's with him? He brings me the chills," Riza whispered.

I don't know, I thought. "Shhhh. He'll hear you," I whispered. Tom, Zach, Riza and Mearbel also shared that they felt that something was drawn from their body when John shook hands with them. We could not help ourselves to think about what we felt. After class, out of curiosity, we, the circle of 5 as we are described oftenly, approached Sir Sigrid to verify some information.

We didn't expect anything because we decided to ask the professor just for fun.

 Riza, who was like the speaker of the group, took a deep breathe. "Sir Sigrid, we are curious about John. Can you . . ."

 "Shhh!" Before she could even finish talking, the professor halted them. He signaled us to keep quiet and follow him. After entering his old dusty office, he sat down and stared at the 5 friends' eyes, one after another. After a few minutes of silence, we were startled with the professor's statement. Everyone look at each other with fear . . . . . . . . . .

********

 "I overheard your conversation this morning. And all I can say is, he arrived here at the city at 4:30am." The professor stared intently at me. I shrugged off the feeling of uneasiness because something bigger was bothering me.

 We went home puzzled thinking of the possible reason and connection of John with us.