Chapter 12

I apologise for taking a while to upload the new chapter but a lot has been happening in my life. But I enjoy writing so I'm hoping to upload anytime i can find the time. Since I took so long to upload I decided to make this chapter a long one! I hope you like it.

Love you guys for still staying and giving my story a chance. Hopefully I can finish this story by the end of this year. Please Vote and Comment to help promote this story and get me more readers. It will definitely motivate me to write more. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mia's Point of View:

The next morning I got up early and finished all my chores so I could meet Elle at Starbucks. Hopefully my step mother doesn't wake up, I don’t want to be held up doing more chores than usual, unnecessary chores like wiping the door handles, which might I add is rather pointless. Being the cook, I cooked Agnes her favorite breakfast, poached eggs, cheese omelet’s and freshly squeezed oranges, I know she barely touches my cooking because I find it in the bin afterwards, but I can't question her 'orders' because she's paying for my education and my life really. I grabbed my bag and made my way out, thinking of the delicious caramel taste on my tongue that's waiting for my pleasure at Starbucks. 

"Why are you up so early?" Damn, and so close to my freedom. Just as I curled my hand on the door handle, she appears. Can I say coincidence or what? There stood Agnes, long pink gown draped her body, her face is done up perfectly. The first thing she does when she awakes, is apply multitude of make up to hide her unavoidable wrinkles. 

"I need to head out to the library, I got my homework to print out before class." I lied, hoping she would buy it.

She began eating her breakfast and shooed me with her hand to indicate I can leave. Phew! Thank god. I would have died if she made me stay and do more chores.

I rode my bike to Starbucks hoping Elle would already be there. I always felt uncomfortable sitting on a table by myself. I just feel like when someone walks in they look straight at my table and see I'm by myself. They probably would think I had no friends. Instead I usually just pretend to be on my phone texting someone or reading a newspaper. Yes I read the newspaper, I get fascinated with the news in town and I like to know what's happening around the world. I stopped at the door and left my bike outside. I pushed the door and smelt the delicious aroma of the coffee beans. I looked around and thankfully found Elle sitting in the far corner at our original table.

I sat and placed my bag on the floor next to my chair. I looked at Elle and she was still on her phone. I wonder what's got her so interested that she didn't notice me sit down.

"Elle" I waved my hand in front of her trying to catch her attention.

"Oh Mia I didn't even notice you had come in," she said looking surprised to see me.

I laughed at how clueless she looked. "It's okay, so what's got you so interested that you didn't notice me come in?"

"Oh I was just texting Aidan," she said casually looking away.

"I didn't know you were texting, and I should be mad at you. I can't believe you gave him my number!" I said a little too loud that people were looking at our table.

"Shush not so loud girl. And yes I'm texting him, he was worried about you. I didn't think you would mind," she said looking confused.

"I don't, it's just if my step mother saw me constantly texting she would want my phone and she'll see the messages. You know how she gets. I don't really want to tell Aidan about my complicated life at home. He'll just think I'm weird." I said looking away. What if he found out about how I'm practically a slave to my stepmother and step sister. He'll just feel sorry for me and think I'm weird.