The Switch (Chapter 7)

I went back to 333 with Carlos and unpacked my things while he was packing his.

       "So, what room do you have again?'' I ask.

       "334, just across the hall. If you need help with anything. What is your schedule?" he asks as he pulls out his and walks over to me. I pull mine out and we check each other's schedule.

       "We have the same schedule" I said. He was so close to me and I backed away to unpack some more. I am not that type of girl.

      "Well, I better get to my room. See ya tomorrow in class."

       "See ya." that's what my family said to me and what I said to my family. Don't breakdown in tears, not now. Be strong. I thought. I decided to take a shower. I cried for 1 minute. My mom was right, crying does make you feel better, instead of holding it in.

      As soon as I got done with my shower and blow-dried my hair, my roommate came in.

      "Hey, I'm Carolina. You must be my new roommate." She was the same age as me with wavy and long blond hair. Her eyes were as blue as the ocean, with tan skin.  She held out her hand.

     "Hi, I'm Kayla." I shook her hand. "I just took a shower, if you don't mind."

     "I don't mind at all the shower is there for us to use after all." She smiled. I laughed. "So, I heard that you walked in on someone." Carolina smiled. "How covered up was he?"

     "Just his shirt, thankfully. I came from Utah."

     "Oh, a girl from out of town huh? I lived in Destin, Florida, and then my family moved here when I was 13 for my parent's job."

     " So what is your schedule?" I asked once again I checked my schedule with someone else's. Carolina and me only have 2 different classes.

Good thing she won't be there to see me stare at Carlos, wait what?!?!?! I need to focus on my college! What I do for a living depends on this college stuff!!  What have I got my self into?? I haven't been here for even a whole day and now I'm focused on someone else than my life.