Chicken and Waffles

Grumble

Ah my stomach

I rolled over and hugged the blanket.

So cold in here.

I smelled a musty familiar smell.

My stomach ached badly as I moved my head to the left side and opened my eyes.

"You up? I'm hungry." He said in a lost voice.

Crisscrossed Lenny sat against the wall smoking a cigarette.

I stared at the man straight in my eyesight.

"What? Want one?"

I shook my head.

He put the cig in his mouth and moved toward me, while pulling his hand close I flinched. He then moved his hand and ruffled my hair and itched my scalp. A part of me thought it felt good.

"You up to eat?" I nodded with my eyes closed. "What are you a dog?" He exhaled in my face. Then taking his two hands ruffled my hair harder.

I stared at his stubble as my stomach growled. "Here" He turned to a pile of clothes he proceeded to set them next to me. "Put these on then we'll eat."

The pants were a simple tan khaki while the shirt was a long sleeved navy blue with white stripes. Then what was left was what I was guessing was a pullover sweatshirt that was half black and half grey.

I looked at Lenny as he exhaled and was focused on something behind me. Slowly I took off my sweatshirt and laid it next to me. Then the same with my shirt. After I took it off I looked down my chest to see ugly bruises. I then put on the little oversized shirt. Lightly, I  tugged off my pants I stared at my knee caps since the bruises stuck out with a bright purple.

I sat there for a moment with the shirt covering all my underwear and part of thigh. I slipped on the pants and felt relieved as the new clothes felt baggy on my bruises.

I caught Lenny's attention when I looked up at him. He pushed me a pair of Jogger shoes that I already knew were too big for me. I laced them up when Lenny stood up crouching and opened the left sliding door. He jumped out and I did after him as I was surprised he hadn't said anything to me. I then looked out at the parking lot and heard him close the door. We were in a diner, and this diner was in the middle of nowhere. barley any cars resigned outside it. Noticing the hoodie hanging on my arm I unbunched it and tried to pull it over my head as it got stuck. Struggling for a moment I felts hands pull it down when my head popped through the hole and I put my arms in all the way. He started walking in front of me as he pulled open the door and left it open for me. I put my hand against the bar and pushed it back when it started to retract. We were greeted by a woman in an old diners outfit when she said something and we followed her near the back. When we sat she smiled profoundly as she held a metal coffee pourer. "Can I get you drinks for a start?" Lenny looked at her "Ah,yes can we both have coffee?" Sure thing, she said as she poured coffee in the two empty coffee cups. "I'll be back in a little for your orders." She walked away. I examined the place. The floor was tan while other places we spotted red. The only other people here were a woman and her kid then an old woman with I expect was her granddaughter. Then a man at one. And a man and a woman at another table who kept looking over at us.

Something about them made me want to scream in their face because of their "Cute" whispers. Grow up. Even though I didn't understand what was wrong. I turned and looked through the dark window.

This time I watched the empty street and saw some lady walk out of the gas station across the street when my eyes focused. In my reflection I could see a huge bruise on my left side of my lip. Then a bruise that out lined my left eye, though it wasn't swollen it was still noticeable. My right eye looked the same but a little worse.