Too late to apologize

Emily woke up confused. She was halfway to Kyle's house when something hard knocked her on the head. Her head was spinning and when she raised her hand to feel the bump, she realized that her hands were tied behind her back. Eyes widening, she surveyed her surroundings cautiously. She was seated on a wooden chair, and her arms and ankles were tied roughly with scratchy ropes. The room was dark and dusty and she made out the faint words painted on the wall. "Westside Terminal." She read out slowly. Wait! This terminal closed two years ago! Struggling furiously, she attempted to move out of the chair and landed helplessly on the floor.

"Hmph. Seems like you're awake." Emily looked up to see a daunting figure. A huge man with slicked back hair and a large scar in front of his eyes grinned down at her. There was a small gap between his teeth, and when he leaned in towards her, she cringed due to the stink of pot and alcohol reeking from his mouth. He grabbed her face with his stubby, rough fingers and studied her face. She gave her nastiest scowl and he smirked.

"Funny how an ugly b*tch like you turned out to be his girlfriend. Kyle sure has interesting tastes." He gripped her cheeks between his hand roughly as he turned her face forcefully,

Emily gave out a loud laugh as the information clicked. "Oh God, was that who you were trying to capture? Too bad for you Kyle's girlfriend is probably somewhere in Italy doing a photo shoot." She said cheerily even though inside she was shaking. Even with her strength, she couldn't do much if she was tied up both ends.

"What?" The large man turned to the goon next to him. "Is what she said true?"

"N-no sir! I'm certain, they left together from the club!"

The man who was apparently the boss glared back at her and slapped her. Emily's head rang even more and she tried to shake off the pain. "You think you can trick us?" Her cheek stung and she felt like she was going to black out, but she glared back at him challengingly.

"I'm dead serious. You think he'll go out with a girl like me? Rich guy like him has girls lined up all over the world. Models, actresses, heiresses. Why'd he go out with someone like me?" She said the last part unknowingly bitterly and the man scratched his chin thoughtfully.

"That's true." He then gave her a huge sneer. "Then I guess we have no use for you. What a waste of energy." Turning his back away from her, he pointed to his assailants. "Do whatever you want with her."

They let out loud cackles as they leered toward her.

"Come here, babe. Lets see what you offer under that jacket."

"Wait!" She called out desperately to the disappearing figure. "Why're you trying to kidnap his girlfriend anyways?"

The large man turned back to her and grimaced. "He beat up my younger brother, and tried to steal his girlfriend. He thought he got away, but too bad for him, he left this."

Emily looked closely and saw Kyle's school ID dangling between the man's ring clad fingers. He gave a smirk before continuing, "He left my brother in a state so bad he couldn't even speak for two days. The only thing he could say was "dragon." And his girlfriend told us it might have something to do with this guy here." He thrust the ID to her, and the card clattered on the floor.

Emily gasped in realization. "Is your brother Giovanni?"

She prayed that he wasn't but the large man gave a self-content laugh. "I see that Kyle mentioned him to you. Yep, that's him. He usually takes care of things well around here, but someone left him helpless as a baby. And I'm going to make sure that he'll be avenged."

Emily grimaced. Oh God, Kyle was being framed for something she did. Why couldn't she exert the self-control she usually had when she was fighting? "Look," she began, "I'll apologize in his stead, so could you just please let him go."