Beyond p.10

**Zephan**

The rain slowly started to peck my back and the back of my wings, I didn't effect my flying, but if it keeps up like this for awhile and I can't find what I'm looking for, my wings will grow heavy with water. I started to smell the air again, I was smelling to see where the heart of the weather came from. If it was just a normal rain fall, I would just smell water. If it was from Uri, I would smell emotion, and the closer I got to her, the stronger the emotion would smell. Emotion had a very distinctive smell, it smelled sour if the person was angry, like cinnamon if they were happy, oak if the person was sad, or like sunflower if they were scared. That's what I was smelling, sunflowers, living on this planet, I've come to love that scent the most. It smelled; happy, maybe that's why that scent was the strongest, because people try to think happy thoughts in their most terrifyed moments. The rain started to get heavy, but then it suddenly slowed down, and stopped.

I flew across a park, that's when the sunflower scent started to erupt in my nose, 'She has to be here.' I thought, I landed quietly so she couldn't hear me, my breathing started to get faster. I stopped breathing, wondering what I was doing, she's just a scared girl at the moment, but being infront of such potential, was intimidating. I followed her scent towards a play area, and to what looked like a long tube for young human children. I went to the entrance of the slide, but I let my guard down when I heard steady breaths, she was sleeping. I looked inside and she looked so peaceful, her wings were back in its place of origin, her back. They must have went back when she fell asleep, I reached down to grab her by her arm, but the slickness of the tube made her slide down. My eyes went wide, waiting for her to wake up, but she wasn't, she was in a deep sleep. I went to the bottom of the tube, and pulled her out fully to look at her face, I gasped, I pulled her long curly hair out of her face. She was so beautiful, she had small, but full pink lips that went perfectly with her chocolate skin, even though her eyes were closed, you could tell they were big, her features just fell into place, complimenting the other.

I shook her a little so she could wake up, but when she wouldn't I shook her a bit harder. I wondered what she was dreaming that she refused to wake up from, when I picked her up I caught scent of something gross. I smelled her again, and then I smelled it on her back. 'Medicine?' I wondered, I smelled her once more to make sure that's what I was smelling; it was. My veins were flushed with anger, those humans shot her, whatever they shot her with, it was strong, it put her to sleep and she might not wake up tonight. I picked her up carefully, I flew towards that piece of garbage, humans call a home. Because I had to live on earth until Uri's power revealed itself, my parents gave me what humans call money to live my life out down here until it was time to return.

I flew with incredible speed back to the apartment, I was so excited that she's finally whole, and I knew my friends couldn't wait to meet the future queen of Joeshia. What? you didn't actually think I would spend time waiting by myself? No, like me, they are future kings too, but what differs me from the others, is that my kingdom is the center of all power, without us, all the other kingdoms of heavan would come to a fall.

When I arrived at the front door of our temporary home, Nereus, my closest friend, opened the door with a smile on his face. He stepped out of my way when he saw that Uri was unconscious in my arm. I went to the couch and set her down carefully, Nereus, Remiel, and Uriah all surronded the couch. They had curious and concerned mixed in their faces.

"What happened?" Uriah asked still looking at her

"I don't know, I think that the humans shot her with some medicine that puts you to sleep."

"She's pretty." Remiel spoke

"Yea, if I were human, I would second guess that she was human too." Nereus complimented, I nodded my head walking towards the fridge

"Let's just remember whose she's marrying."

"Does she even know what she is yet?" Nereus asked, they all looked at me

"I don't think so." I shook my head

"Can I tell her?!" Uriah asked so cheerful, he was always happy

"I was gonna ask!" Remiel said, I laughed at them, they've never came in contact with a Joeshian queen before, they are the most unique out of all others, they are always birthed by a human couple, extremly beautiful, some even make angel woman jealous, and angel men fight for her love. But they are extremly rare, they skip an angelic generation, they only come every six thousand years, that's why the Joeshian kingdom is so powerful, because we inherit Joeshian queens.

"We can all tell her together." I said trying to solve their debate, "Hey, do any of you guys know what humans eat?" I asked concern, there wasn't anything in the fridge, I guess I should have known, I haven't been in here for fifteen years.

"I thought they eat human food." Nereus said walking over to me, I rolled my eyes

"What kind of human food." they all looked at each other confused, all we angels need to live off of, if we ever eat, is angelic meat and fruits, and holy water

"Why don't we wait until she wakes up, and tells us." Uriah said

"Yea, so we won't waste our time looking and find out that that's not what she likes." Remiel spoke

"Good idea." I stated

"So, what are we supposed to do now?" Remiel asked, I shrugged

"Wait until she wakes up, it's all we can do." We all sat around the body that was vegging out on our couch

"What's her name?" Uriah asked, I knew he would get a kick out of her name, it had part of his in it

"Uri," I said, "but I think she wants to be called Moe."

"She has the first part of my name." he said estatic

"I can't wait for her to wake up, I mean we've been waiting with you. But waiting for her to change, is different than waiting for her to wake up so we can know her better." Nereus said while turning on the, television? He picked up the remote and started to look for a channel to watch, I looked over at the clock, it was almost one in the morning. I sat down in a chair next to the couch I set Uri on, I wanted to be there when she wakes up, we all did. We stayed up until nine in the morning when we heard a small sound coming from the couch.

We all got up from our seats and surronded the couch, she made another sound and moved her head, "Ow.." she moaned and she put her hand on her head, she slowly opened her eyes, and we all gasped in amazment, they were green, but not like a green you would see on just anyone. She was quickly aware of her surrondings, she tried to scramble out of the couch and away from us. I was expecting that, she was backing away from us backing up into the kitchen counter. "Who are you?! What am I doing here?! How did you guys find me?!" We all got up and slowly started to walk towards her, she put her hands up, "Stay back." she said with a firm voice, I held my hand out towards her, she just looked at it

"Let me explain." this was the moment I've been waiting for