Beyond p.6

The police tried to get pass the blockade my new friends created, my mother held me tighter in her arms, I could feel the fear in her embrace. I could feel her warm tears drizzle down my back, I was frozen and I didn't know what to do. I looked at my friends, I could see the stuggle in their face, but they couldn't hold them off forever. I could hear more officers coming in the bathroom, just thirty seconds later they broke through and stopped at the sight of the wings that invaded my back. The held their guns up, I was so scared. My friends watched in horror as they were being escorted outside, tears formed in my eyes.

"Put your hands on your head and stay where you are." on of the officers said, three stayed back to take me out, one of them looked at my mom

"Ma'am, please step away from...from.." he didn't know what to call me, a criminal? an animal? a creature? but my mom stopped him

"THIS IS MY DAUGHTER! MY, DAUGHTER!" the look in her eyes made me sad, so sad. One of the officers called for back up, and animal control, their guns were held up towards me, "FOR GOD'S SAKE," my mother couldn't take this, "PUT THOSE DAMN GUNS AWAY! SHE WON'T DO ANYTHING!" they saw no real harm in me so they slowly put down their guns.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry, but you have to come with us. If things get out of hand you might get hurt." the first officer said

"Well she might get hurt!" she snapped, but I didn't see this coming, one of the officers torn my mother out of my hands and pulled her back, while she was crying in my arms.

"MOM!" I cried, "MOM NO!" they took her out of the bathroom, I could hear her cries slowly dying out. I had mixed emotions swarming in my head, rage, sadness, confusion, and helplessness. But most of all rage, this had to happen to me, this, this wing thing! My mother being torn from my arms when I needed her most! guns being pointed to me and ready to fire, I was breathing heavy, I could hear more cars pull in, and maybe the news cast people. I heard more people coming into the restroom.

"Put your hands on your head." I looked up at the officer who said that, I could see that animal control was here

"I'm not an animal." I said to myself, "I'm not a criminal. I'm not a thing, a creature." the rage kept coming, and it wouldn't stop, I could hear guns being drawn, I could feel the wings starting to flap.

"Calm down! We don't want to fire as much as you do!" like I care, I got bigger problems, "Put your hands on your hand, we can help you slove this!" tears were falling, I don't know what to do. I looked up at the officers and animal control, it looks like they had tranqualizer guns, I hate needles so much.

"I...I don't know....what to do.." I told them

"Just do as we ask."

"But..where will you take me?" that was the one question on my mind, if I let them take me, where would I end up?

"You just have to trust us." the officer who was talking to me must have children, or delt with them a lot

"Do you have children?" I was so choked up, and my vision was so blurred, he hesitated for a moment

"Yes, I do. And I wouldn't let anything bad happen to them."

"Put them in my situation." it was the truth, if he loved his kids he wouldn't let anything terrible happen to them, he lowered his weapon and slowly walked towards me, and knelt besides me. I looked up at him with fear in my eyes, he held out his hand with a smile of hope on his face. I wiped away my tears and took his hand. Everyone in the restroom stood out of our way, we stopped just before the main entrance. I could see everything that was happening, my mother was crying in my father's arms, my father didn't have any emotion on his face, my friends were trying to ask the police questions, strangers were gathered around trying to see what had happened, police lines were set up, SWAT was ready to fire if needed, the news channel was out there.

"Ready?" he asked, I shook my head

"No, I don't want anyone to see my face, or my problem." I heard him call into the radio for multiple blankets, and I got just that, he handed me the blanket and I covered my face, and he covered the wings with the other two.

"Okay, ready now?" I took his hand and we entered into a realm of caos and curiosity. Everyone started to turn their attention, I could hear them, I saw flashes of light, I heard people yelling asking questions to the officer that escorted me. My heart started to beat, I wanted to be away from this place, I wished that I was in my bed, awakening to a warm breakfast my mother would have cooked for me. I heard my mother call out to me, I heard Tammy call me, I even heard Josh. My heart fluttered, atleast I knew he cared. That people cared if something happened to me after all this trouble that I caused. I heard the officer open a car door, and he helped me up the stairs. When the door closed, I pulled the blanket off my head, and my wings. I saw that I was in a a van, there where windows, but they looked tinted, I could see the people, but the people couldn't see me. Then the van started, I didn't know where I was going, and I didn't care; until a gut feeling told me to fly.