Beyond p.4

"Whoa, that movie was good." Tammy told me in the Cold Stone girl's bathroom. After the movie Josh, his friends, and their dates to Cold Stone, Josh was being real sweet on this Friday night. He bought us movie tickets, he didn't mind Tammy's being here, and he bought us Cold Stone ice cream, I'm glad I my mom said I could go.

"Yea, that would suck if God decided that the human race wasn't doing a good job at living." I told her fixing my shirt

"And it's real cool of Josh to invite us and paying for us." she said to me as we walked out of the bathroom, Josh waved to us to a table that he and his friends were sitting at, we sat down and listened to them have conversations about people we don't even know.

"Yea man. but could you believe that he had the balls to take Daniel away from me like that." it was Trevor who said that, I learned his name when he dropped his i.d., on our way out of the theater. I picked it up and studied it. His picture was a good one, I usually think most people's looks more like a mug shot than a photo. But I gave it back to him and he thanked me and put it back in his pocket, I thought that was stupid, I'd put it in my wallet.

"Hey, you know he likes a challenge." Devon said, "You're a pretty boy, who can resist?" he laughed

"Yea, but get over her man. She's with him and now that he's got her he ain't gonna let her go." Josh was so direct

"Good idea, I never thought I would get so pissed about a girl. But whatever, lots of girls wanna be with guys like us." i thought that was arrogant, but he did have a point. A lot of girls did want to be with guys like them, good looking, smart, athletic, and in the city newspaper they made front page because of their athlectic skills. Me and Tammy just gave each other confused looks, they must have noticed it because we were asked what was happening in the ninth grade.

"Well you have to be a little more specific about that, there's lots of stuff happening." Tammy explained a little annoyed

"Fiesty!" Devon called out to her, she just rolled her eyes and crossed her legs. "Let me clear that question up for you," Devon seemed like he was flirting a bit, "Do you ninth grade girls have crushes?" I didn't know if it was me or the question, but my whole body started to heat up, and I got a little headache, and the pain in my back started again. I shook it off, but it didn't do much.

"Aha," she said with some sas, "like that has something to do with you." Devon just had a smile on his face, I think he was getting a kick out of this. Then he turned to me.

"Well?" he asked, I think that he forgot that he had a date with him. She looked pissed, I hope she wasn't at us though. I shook my head, but he pushed me, "Come on, nobody?" I shook my head again, I was feeling a little light headed, what was this "thing" I was having? I think Devon knew I was lying, his dad was a police officer, and I wouln't be surprised if he taught him everything he knew. "Come on, it's easy, just say a name."

"Devon if she said she doesn't she doesn't." Josh defended me, there was that pain again, it was like something in my back was moving. I slighty jumped at all the pain. Everyone looked at me, but I didn't care, I was too light headed to care.

"Excuse me." I said in a weak voice

"Are you okay?" Tammy put her hand on my back thinking that I would fall back, I nodded my head

"Yea, um, I just need to go to the bathroom." Josh stood up

"I can take you home if you don't feel good." he suggested

"No, I'm fine, I just need to," I stood up from the table and I lost my balance, but Josh caught me

"You okay?" Trevor asked

"She just wants attention." his date scowled at me, Tammy stood by my side and looked at her

"No, she doesn't! Stop being a bitch and shut up!" Tammy yelled, everyone looked at her in shock and the girl just flipped her hair. I pulled away from Josh with the strength I had.

"I'll be fine," I said, "I just have to rinse my face off." I stumbled to the bathroom, and right when I opened the door I collapsed to the ground. 'Eww,' I thought, 'this is the bathroom ground.' Tammy ran into the bathroom with everyone behind her. She helped me up.

"Okay", she started, "you need to go home." I shook my head "What do you mean 'no'?! you don't look too good." my back put me in the threshold of pain, I moaned a moan of pain.

"What wrong?" Devon asked in the back, the pain started to get worse, I shook my head and pushed Tammy off of me. I wanted to be alone so I stumbled as fast as I could to the handicaped bathroom stall. I locked it and fell on my hands an knees, I saw feet on the otherside of the door, they were all banging on it to let them in. Something was tearing my back, I screamed so loud that they checked on me under the door. Tammy crawled under and checked me out.

"What's wrong?" she tried to yell over my screams but it didn't work, whatever was tearing my back, it got through and something was coming out. I cried and screamed more. Tammy oped the door we could go, she tried to get me off my feet but I pulled away.

"MY BACK!" I screamed to her, "IT'S TEARING!" she lifted the back of my shirt and everyone gasped. I screamed to her, 'what did she see' I thought to myself. But they didn't have to explain, because I saw a shadow above me that resembled wings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

like? please comment and tell me what you think