Extra #7- Goodbye, My Old Friend- Christine's POV

I was dying. There was no other explanation for this pain that I was feeling. Sweat gleamed off of my forehead as I bit my lip to keep from screaming. I didn't want to wake up my granddaughter from her sleep because she needed it.

Her training was completed, and now it was time for her to work on her own. She was a beautiful and independent female, and I hated the fact that I had to hurt her to protect her. She was going to have a hard life ahead of her, and I prayed that her mate would try to fight the spell that was placed on him. She didn't know how much she needed him, and I prayed she would find out before it was too late.

I took a deep breath and groaned in pain. The pull between me and my friend intensified when I felt the Ambagie Wolf near. I opened my eyes and looked to see the brown eyes of my friend staring at me and smiled.

Addama walked over to me and took my hand. Her strong hand held my weaker hand and squeezed it reassuringly. She didn't say a word, but I could see the small tears in her eyes. She knew that it was time for me to go and to let my granddaughter take my place.

The smile fell as I grimaced in pain. "Hello, my friend," I whispered, my voice cracking. I opened my eyes to take in the female, studying her as I had in the past. "Don't cry for me. We both knew that this was going to happen."

Addama smiled a little but didn't say a word. Her eyes flickered to that of her Wolf, and I knew that she was trying to find a way to keep me alive. However, we both knew that my time was up.

"Do you have enough energy to turn back into Sophia?" I asked, and she nodded. I closed my eyes for a bit and when I opened my eyes, I saw my Spanish friend with her big doe eyes. I squeezed her head and closed my eyes for the last time. "Adios, mi amgia," I whispered and took my last breath.

The pain and feeling stopped, but I knew that she was still beside me crying. My world turned black as my senses faded, and for the first time, I was free.