Chapter 27 (Edited)

I sat on an outcropping of rocks way above a glistening lake. The Sun was setting behind me, warming my back while it made the water glisten like a dozen diamonds, sparkling underneath the setting sun.

My whole body was relaxed for the first time in a week after Kerri came, and we had our meeting to discuss what we needed to do about the programmed prisoners, the fight that was happening soon, Warlocks and Witches that were going fight with or against us, and how we were going to stop these people from trying to poison the members of this pack and those that were helping from my pack.

There had been some things that Kerri had wanted to talk to me about, but she kept it quiet and let it be. She had wanted to talk to me about Thomas and what she had told me earlier that year, but I just told her that that would've just hurt us more than rejection.

A twig or something snapping under someone's foot, or paw, broke me from my thoughts and caused me to stand.

My eyes instantly found the source of the noise to see a russet colored Wolf standing at the edge of my safe haven.

His golden eyes looked so familiar to me that I couldn't help but growl out a warning. There was something in his eyes that was mocking me, making me think that he was trying to say 'I know something that you don't know'.

The wolf smirked before stalking away. His meaning was clear. "Soon".

***

"We need to talk," I said, walking into Uncle Ryker's office to see that both Thomas and Kerri were in there as well. I ignored the growl that Thomas sent my way, not caring that I had went into their meeting without knocking.

Uncle Ryker stopped talking and looked at me from where he had been looking at Thomas. Confusion and worry filled his eyes when he caught my stony look. His whole body tensed while he shifted a bit in his seat. "What happened?" he asked.

I glanced at Thomas, frowning. I did not want him to hear this information, because I knew that he would be confused about it. "Can you leave?" I asked, holding back the bite. "I need to speak to them in private."

Thomas leaned back in his seat and folded his arms across his chest. There was a scowl on his face causing me to scowl as well. "I think I'll stay here," he said, shrugging his shoulder. "I was here first."

I rolled my eyes, letting my head follow into the roll. "Oh my Goddess," I said with a groan. I moved a hand across my face and huffed. It was time like these that I wanted to punch my mate in the face and actually do what Kerri had suggested.

"What is it?" Uncle Ryker asked, raising an eyebrow. He sent an annoyed glance to Thomas, causing him to shrug his shoulder.

I looked at Kerri. "Call him," I said. "It's time." I looked at Uncle Ryker. "Set up the lockdown and curfew like we had discussed."

"What the fuck is going on here?" Thomas asked, frowning.

Uncle Ryker glanced at him and frowned before looking at me. He hated this, I could tell. He hated not being about to tell his son what we discuss in private and without him. He hated having to lie to his son, but he understood why.

He understood that telling him would lead to questions as to why I didn't tell him that I could shift. He understood that I wanted Thomas to love me for me and not just by able shift nor being his mate.

"When will it happen?"

"Soon," I replied. "I don't know what day. I don't know what time. But, all I know is that whatever is happening is soon."