Chapter 12 (Edited)

Question of Chapter: Do you like Coke or Pepsi better? If neither, which one would you prefer?

__________________________________________________________________________

"So... why was there screaming?" someone asked from the door, causing us to look to see a group of people by the door. Garrett was up front, and he was running a hand on the back off his neck, sheepishly. His eyes kept flickering back and forth between the three of us, and I could see that he was getting nervous about the new male with us.

I narrowed my eyes at them and shook my head at their "concerned" behavior. "We could be murdered because you didn't come quick enough," I scolded, not really meaning it.

"Well... there wasn't anybody thrown out of a window, so we thought you would be fine," Jack said with a smirk."Like Garrett."

Garrett scoffed and rolled his eyes. "She didn't "throw" me out of the window." He folded his arms across his chest and looked away from us. "She merely tossed me."

I snorted and rolled my eyes. "Ya, then why did you cry out in pain?" I folded my arms across my chest and looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I didn't cry... there was something in my... eye." He shuffled on his feet and looked away from everyone before his eyes landed on Robbie. His whole body tensed, and I could see the overly protective brother was coming out, later than usual. "And, who the hell are you?" he asked, his eyes shifting to a darker blue.

"My mate," Cel mumbled. She moved closer to me, causing the little girl in my arms to look at her as if to say 'back off'. Cel didn't look at them, knowing that they would tease her about him or make a little scene. She was the "baby" of the group, being the youngest female and the youngest of the group.

"That is Robbie," I said, gesturing to him. "He's the Beta."

"It's Trent. I go by Trent." He sent me an annoyed look, causing me to grin innocently. His annoyed look turned into a small smile, letting me know that he wasn't upset.

Garrett growled protectively and moved towards him. His eyes were trained on Robbie, and I knew that he thought that he was a threat. His whole body was shaking a bit, and something in me told me that his Wolf was trying to take control.

"Garrett," Jack said, his voice firm. Jack had taken one look at me and knew that I wasn't upset that Robbie was in the room with me. He knew that I was comfortable with his presence, so Jack wasn't as bothered with his presence like Garrett. 'Big brother mode activated,' he mumbled sarcastically through the pack link. 'Sam-'

'I know,' I said, rolling my eyes. I held out my hand and placed Felicity beside me. I kept my eyes trained on Garrett and the confused looking Robbie who didn't know what was going on. I felt the softness of a pillow in my hand as Cel placed it there and threw it at Garrett before darting off to the balcony.

The room shook from Garrett's growl, causing Felicity to whimper in fear. I could feel his anger turned to me. His anger usually skyrocketed when he "thought" that I was in danger. We didn't know the reason as to why Garrett acts the way he does, but it was sometimes annoying when a guy just wanted ask about homework. He claims that they wanted to check out my "assets" or lack thereof.

I pushed open the balcony doors and jumped over the railing to Aunt Cala's surprised gasp and small scream, telling me to stop. I landed on my feet and moved a bit back before turning around to see Garrett jumping from the balcony, shifting into Wolf form.

Garrett was an all silver wolf, somewhat the size of a Beta, even though he didn't have any Beta blood in him. His eyes were the same as his human but was a much darker blue because his Wolf was in control. His ears were at the back of his head, and he started to snarl while stalking towards me.

Cyra scoffed, and I knew she was rolling her eyes. 'Puny Wolf,' she muttered. Her fur was standing tall at the base of her neck in anticipation, going to help out if I needed it. 'It is on!'

I couldn't help but smirk and get ready to fight one of my best friends/brother. He was going down.  

________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Meh, too short for my liking, but I'm keepin' it. I updated. xD So ya.

Answer to question of Chapter: Coke.