Chapter 23 (Edited)

I walked to where the dungeon was located, sticking to the shadows. My whole body was tense because I didn't know if there were any guards in this area just yet, because I didn't know when they were switching out. I knew that I wasn't supposed to be down here, because this wasn't my pack, and I wasn't an Alpha nor a Beta.

However, I couldn't get back to sleep with Cyra pacing around my mind and mumbling about how I needed to get down to the dungeons to talk to the people we had "captured". And so, I hacked into cameras and made sure that it wouldn't show me talking to them.

"I hope that this works," I told Cyra, causing her to hum in agreement. "Are you sure that we shouldn't talk the people in the hospital first?"

"I am sure," she confirmed. She looked through my eyes when we came upon the cells that held the Rogues that had been captured today, well yesterday, because it was probably 2am.

Most of them were yelling, screaming, crying, and cussing mainly at each other. No one touched the bars because they were made of silver. Almost all of them were saying 'Ego sum' which meant 'I am innocent' in Latin.

"This is creepy," I said, not hearing one person speak English.

Cyra again, hummed in agreement. "Him," she said, making me pause a step. "We need to talk to him."

I set my other foot down and turned my body a bit to look into the cell. What I saw was maybe a 30 year old male that had his back turned towards the gate. His hair was so greasy and grimy that I couldn't make out what color it was. I could tell that he was maybe around 6'5 and fairly muscular.

"Ego te sentiant. Evenire, (I can feel you. Come out)," the male said, not turning to look at me. "Quis es? (Who are you?)"

"Salvator tuus (Your Savior)," I replied, stepping out of the shadows. I watched in quiet amazement when the whole cell block became silent. No one said a word, and I was pretty sure that the insects in the cell blocks were quiet as well.

The person turned towards me so fast that he tripped on his feet. He reached out to steady himself by reaching for the bars. Evident shock was on his face when he didn't touch the bars, because I knew that he thought he would. His blue eyes stared straight past me, and I knew that he couldn't see.

"Veneficia, (witchcraft)," one of the other members said in fear.

I shook my head. "Nihil, (no)," I said. "Ego sum (I am)-"

"-Lupus est (the White Wolf)," the male before me said. He blinked back some tears and cleared his throat before showing his neck. "Quod est nice quod tibi in occursm, (it is nice to meet you.)"

I nodded my head. "Quid Latine omnes loquentes, (Why are you all talking in Latin?)"

"Programmed as nos, (We are programmed to)," someone said.

"Quid? (Why?)" I asked.

"Unde non possumus dicere pravis. Nox non solom tempore imperium. (So we can't talk to the pack. The night is the only time we aren't controlled.)"

I pursed my lips, not knowing how I was going to prove this to my uncle. "So, you can still hear English?" I asked, causing the male to nod his head. "Just don't speak it during the day..." I moved a hand through my hair and huffed. This was going to make my life more interesting.

The male nodded his head. "Mihi nomen est Isaac, (My name is Isaac)," he said. "Noscere gaudo lupus est. (It is nice to meet you, White Wolf)."

"Sam," I said. "Mihi nomen est Sam. (My name is Sam)."

Isaac gave me a small smile and nodded his head. "Adhuc te noscere, (It is still nice to meet you)," he said.

I nodded my head and chewed on my lip. I knew that there might be some people that worked for whomever had made these people talk in Latin, and I knew that I couldn't trust a lot of people, even if Cyra said they could be trusted. "Kannst du Deutsch sprechen? (Can you speak German?)"

Isaac nodded his head. "Etiam, (Yes)," he said.

"Quid est? (What?)" some other people asked. "Quid dicam vobis? (What did you say?)"

"Nothing," I called, causing some people to mutter about me being a bitch. I shrugged my shoulder, not really fazed about it. Hey, I was a female and a dog, well wolf, so I took it as a compliment. "Gibt es jemanden, den ich für hinunter zu achten müssen hier? (Is there anybody that I need to watch out for down here?)"

Isaac frowned before nodding his head. "Etiam, (yes)," he replied. "Mae cupla (I'm sorry)."

"Crap."