Chapter 30

Night had finally came, like it always does. The others were tucked in bed and I peeped out of the rock tent that Toph had made earlier.
All directions were clear so I stepped out into the open, my feet were bare and my legs were brushed with a light wind.

I relaxed my shoulders and slowly walked to the large royal tent.

On my way over, I thought about Aang. The young Airbender I had left behind. He was my best friend and he tried to be as supportive of my decision as possible, but I ended up leaving him. The corners of my eyebrows fell and a sigh was released from my throat.

When I finally reached the tent I could see the princes shadow on the cloth.
My eyes opened wide and I gripped my wrist.

"Prince Zuko." I whispered. His head shot to the entrance and he walked over to open it for me.

"Come in." He said coolly. I moved my right hand up on my arm and gripped tightly as I walked inside.
When I looked up I saw a large bed with pillows assorted to where they were perfectly semetrical.
And everything was either red or gold.

"You've been living it up, hm?" I said quietly while standing in the center of the room.

Zuko grunted. I turned quickly to see him set something down on a desk.
I wondered if that's why they have so many carraiges, to hold all of his things. It didn't occur to me that people have to pack this up everyday and lay it out.

"I want to say I'm sorry. For the other night." He bowed slightly with folded hands.

My hands fell by my sides. "She's your girlfriend, I shouldn't have acted the way I did."

"Ex-girlfriend" he corrected. My heart fluttered slightly.
"Ex?" I questioned.

Zuko nodded. "Mai was supposed to be heading back to the palace, but instead she stayed and watched at a distance." He looked like he was about to laugh. "I'm guessing she might be jealous." He carried on. I Rose an eyebrow. "She must've heard that you were invited to my sleeping quarters and came before you could." He finished with a Stern look in his features.

The way he said sleeping quarters made my skin ripple.

He chin fell. "I want you to know, I care about you. A lot more than I probably should." He stated while walking closer.

My chest clenched and breath became ragged. "I care about you too." My voice lowered, barely audible.

His hand moved to my neck and his thumb carressed my cheek.
I closed my eyes slowly.

I could feel him move closer and closer. His breath tingled my skin.

Until finally his lips were pressed into mine. My mind whirled and my heart raced as I kissed him. His other hand came around my waist.
I lifted my arms to his chest as his lips mached to mine.

He finally pulled away and we both took heavy breaths. His face was still centimeters away from mine.

"Ever since I laid eyes on you, I knew you were going to make me change in some way." He whispered into my ear. I closed my eyes tight and lifted my hands into his hair.
"I didn't know how but I knew you would."
He mumbled again and kissed down my neck.

I whimpered slightly at the touch. His chest pushed closer to mine.

"I love you, Katara." He said as head pushed back up and leaned against mine.

And it wasn't until then I realized, "I love you too."
My heart pounded and hands clenched in his hair.

"Then, can you promise me something?" My eyes widened and my grip loosened.
I did one soft nod.

"Promise me you wont leave."