Chapter 14

I sat on the chair surrounded by my family. My brother and father that is. We all had a plate at hand and food in our mouths.
The house was dim and quiet.

I felt so guilty, I was considering the offer. I was actually thinking about leaving my family.
But I would be getting money for them to live in peace. I assured myself.

But that's not the reason why I would be leaving...

I would leave for me. And although I want to leave for my family's benefit, I would be lying if I said that was the only reason.

I can't be attached to them all the time! I know I have to look after them. I promised I would. But I also have to look after me. And that's what made my decision even more confusing.

I looked up from my plate to see my father and brother sitting as quiet as me.
They both had gobbled up their food and now just looked at their plates. I don't know what the depressing mood was for. They surly didn't know that they would soon be missing a daughter/sister.

"Well, I'm off to bed." I left my plate on the short table and left. Neither of them moved.

I frowned and walked inside the small room. After closing the door behind me I grabbed a paint brush and started writing a letter.

It was short and to the Point. I rolled it up and jumped out the window, not even waiting for the moon rise up.

I fell out the window and caught my self on the ground. Then, I ran down the streets. I didn't expect this to be a long trip so I hurried.

I ran to the base and my way through the tents until I found a really large one. The lights were still on but there was no form. I quickly put the note right near the entrance. And stood back up. I sighed and turned around quickly.

My face was quickly met with an armored chest. I stumbled back but his hand caught my back.
"Hey!" He said with a whisper kind of yell. I froze and tried to think of an explanation.
Prince Zuko's eyes softened. "You shouldn't be here, Katara."
The way Prince Zuko had said my name sent shivers up my spine

"I know. I'm sorry. I just needed to give you this." I leaned back down and grabbed the note to give to him.

Prince Zuko
I would humbly like to accept your offer.
I will see you at the next base.
Katara

His eye cocked up. "I thought you needed to take care of your family." He said quietly still looking at the paper.

I put a hand behind my neck and looked to the floor. "They said I could go."
I looked at him strait in the eye. "Sure" he kind of chuckled.

I rubbed my arms uncomfortably. "I should probably get going." I said.

"You can stay in here for a bit, I think it's about to storm. I wouldn't want you to get caught in the middle of it." He said with a big smirk on his face.
I looked up at the sky, and he was right. The clouds were about to burst. Any second now. I could walk perfectly through the storm without getting wet. Waterbending is a wonder worker. But Zuko doesn't know that.

"Okay only for a few though." I said quietly and followed him inside.

No, this was a tent! It had a large bed and a desk and what seemed like another room with a bathroom. "Nice place. You surly are living the life of a Prince." I crossed my arms.

It was hard for me to stand. I felt uncomfortable. All of these things were highly expensive looking and, (the even crazier part!) I'm in Prince Zuko's sleeping chambers!

"Yeah." He mumbled.
He pulled the small hair piece out of his top knot and let his hair fall down.
I was about to gasp, it was actually very mesmerizing. His hair fell perfectly in front of his eyes.
His oddly beautiful golden eyes.
"You can sit down." He smirked, noting my stiff quaky form.
I folded my hands in front of me, trying to be still from the nervousness, and I bowed. "Thank you again for your hospitality." And I sat.
He frowned.

I raised an eyebrow. "What?"
He shook his head. "You don't have to do that?"
"Do what?" I asked, my voice going an octave higher than I thought.
"You don't have to be that...civilized." He thought out.

I smiled and tilted my head. "I'm in the presents of royalty." I said almost jokingly. Maybe trying to get him to peep a smile. He started taking off his armor and set it on the floor.
He took a long deep breath. "I don't need that now."
I sighed and looked at my hands.
"I know." I said softly.
He turned slightly. "What?"

I shook my head and leaned forward in my seat, straining my back. "Like you want people to treat you for you. Not because of a title in your case."

"In my case?" He said standing strait again. He was now in his under shirt and roaming the room until he sat down on his bed.
The cushion I sat on was closer to the exit.

I shook my head. "Do you not support my claim?" I asked.
"That's not what I asked." He sat up to look me in the eyes.

I didn't move. I continued to look at my hands and wrists. He stayed just as still.

"Katara-" he tried to reach out but I stood up quickly. He was a little startled.

"I have to go." I mumbled. And turned to leave.
Zuko jumped out of bed and rand to grab my wrist. "Katara, wait!"
I tried pulling out of his grip.

"Please!" I stared into his eyes for a second. Then he let go and dropped his head

"I'll see you soon, Katara." He said right as I left and bolted down the streets.

I couldn't just tell him! If he knew I was WaterTribe, I would be kicked off the guard. And I wouldn't anything else to pulls me out of the house.
He wouldn't understand anyway! He's still FireNation.