Chapter 8

After I made my way to the exit, I stayed put and watched the Prince. He let out a sigh and made his way to his uncle who patted him on the back while talking to the instructor who was smiling.
"Aw, Prince Zuko here actually is well trained general. Honest." The older Prince belly laughed and Prince Zuko blushed and raised a hand to the back of his head.

"Well, I-" he tried but his Uncle interrupted.
"Don't be modest Prince Zuko." He patted his large stomach and closed his eyes with a smile. The instructor cocked an eyebrow.

"Does this mean you will be taking the elite recruiters to the next position?" He questioned coldly.

Prince Zuko nodded once. The instructor stared at him for a moment then looked off to the side and nodded.
"When will you be taking them?"

"As soon as possible." Iroh said seriously. "There are some rumors starting. And we have to move quickly before anything takes action."

The instructor nods.
My breath hitches in my throat. Prince Zuko turned his had slightly to face me. I tried hiding myself with the cold stone wall.
I didn't look back for a while. But when I did they were gone. And I followed example and walked home.

* * *

When I walked through the door, my dad was already eating dinner. But another form sat next to him. I walked closer to the two.
"I'm home dad." I started to take off the tea apron and I sat it down on a wooden chair.

"Ah Tohn, this is my beautiful daughter, Katara." I smiled and bowed at the older man. He was earth kingdom. He had small streaks of black hair in the gray mound. His clothes marked him as lower class, and his hands revealed he was a hard outdoors worker.

"Very nice to meet you sir." I greeted kindly. The man smiled slightly and nodded.
Then went back to his conviction with my father.

I was slightly offended by the mans lack of manners but I moved on. I went to the kitchen area and picked up the plate of fish that was laid out for me.

Sokka must already be gone because there was no left overs other than what was on my plate.