Travels

Two days go by and we come across a large castle with many paths and entrances. The three guides, Dehali, Dahara, and Ahari, have barely said a word to us the whole trip. They did however explain in more depth the relationship that they have with Lucy. We were sitting near a fire pit last night when Dehali, the more talkative of the three, tells us about how they are related. She explains that Lucy is Dahara's older sister, though they've never met because Dahara was born at her aunt's house and never went back to Lucy's house with Layla (Calisto). Dehali and Ahari are Lucy's cousins and grew up with Dahara. Lucy was shocked to find this all out and she looked hurt. Probably because her parents never told her that she had a younger sister and never let her see her cousins. I scooted closer to her and grabbed her hand. She squeezed it tight and I felt a sharp pain in my chest as I saw the sad look on her face.

"I'm sorry that we never got to meet when we were kids and when mom was still alive. If I had known, if I had known that I had a sister I would have came to see you." Lucy looks down at her hand as she pulls on her skirt.

That was the only conversation we had about their relationship and we haven't yet discussed what is going to happen now that we are at their headquarters. Hopefully now that we are here we'll get some answers. Happy has been complaining the whole trip and I know that all three of us can't wait to get a good night sleep.

"Tomorrow we will introduce you to our master then it will be time to go through with the offering for the dragons. Dehali will show you to your room." Ahari states sharply before turning around and walking away with Dahara.

Dehali smiles at us and gestures for us to follow her. She turns away from Dahara and Ahari and leads us through a wooden door. The halls are all made of stone and there are old fashioned candles lining the walls. She enters another wooden door and inside is a spiral staircase. She begins climbing so we follow.

"I'm sorry that they're so rude. I guess they are still a little mad." Dehali says from in front of us.

"Mad at what?" I ask. The sound of our feet hitting the stone steps echo up through the tower.

"At Lucy." Dehali turns and glances at Lucy quickly before continuing. "They are mad that you didn't know about them and that they never got to meet Calisto because you were to be protected. It's stupid though. It's not your fault that you didn't know about us. I mean honestly they need to get over it." Dehali looked back at us when we got to the top and she smiled warmly. "Here is your room, I will be up to get you tomorrow around noon." She pulled a key out of her pocket and unlocked the door.

Lucy and I looked at each other before stepping inside, Happy flying in above us. I turned around to thank Dehali, but the door was closing already. My dragon hearing picked up on the key being turned again and the door being locked, Lucy apparently heard it as well because she looked slightly frightened by the sound. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her, her head rested on my chest.

Happy made a gagging sound from behind me, "Shut up cat." Lucy said, I could feel her talking against my chest. "You know you love this, it means you were right every time you teased us. Plus it's kinda like we're a little family now." She said, pulling me closer as she did.

"Well I always thought of us as a family Lucy, but I do like being correct so I guess I do like it!" Happy replied before flying down towards us and joining our hug. We all laughed and stood there for a little while longer, none of us wanting to let go.

Eventually we do let go of our little group hug and look around the room.

////////////////////////////////

Looking around the room I notice that there is one bed, a small kitchen with pre-made food, a window seat, and a small balcony. It is probably close to ten O'clock and we all know that we should be going to sleep soon. Happy is already yawning and stretching out on the window seat, his head resting on a pillow and his tail hanging off the side of the bench. I laugh quietly at him then notice Natsu staring at me.